My Dvr 510 erased all my shows

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jeff003

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2004
I had 50 hours left on my harddrive and everything was gone when I cut it on.I had everything protected.When I went to the harddrive to play one of my saved shows it was blank and there is over 100 hours left.What happened?

I've had a couple customers complain about the 510 doing that and one customer saying the same about a 625.

I had a 508 do that aswell and some of the stuff was protected to. I think it may have happened because of one item on the drive being on there for a long time and triggering a wipe.

I'd have to disagrea as this was the second most stable dvr beat only by the 508 wich was pretty much bullet proof.

TiVo I think is the most bullet proof of the DVRs. Even Directv's R15 has had Hard Drive problems. I've had to wipe a few of them to restore functionality but only DISH DVRs have wiped themselves leaving the customer with blank hard drives.:):):)

Then wouldnt you consider the dish dvr's to be superior if they are able to diagnose a problem that requires a wipe to correct as opposed to a tivo that requires human intervention to initiate the wipe to correct?

I never used tivo's so but with dish dvrs my experience was good though its now outdated as I havent seen the recent additions that came along in the last year and half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)