My Dvr 510 erased all my shows

Jeff003

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2004
I had 50 hours left on my harddrive and everything was gone when I cut it on.I had everything protected.When I went to the harddrive to play one of my saved shows it was blank and there is over 100 hours left.What happened?

I've had a couple customers complain about the 510 doing that and one customer saying the same about a 625.

I had a 508 do that aswell and some of the stuff was protected to. I think it may have happened because of one item on the drive being on there for a long time and triggering a wipe.

I'd have to disagrea as this was the second most stable dvr beat only by the 508 wich was pretty much bullet proof.

TiVo I think is the most bullet proof of the DVRs. Even Directv's R15 has had Hard Drive problems. I've had to wipe a few of them to restore functionality but only DISH DVRs have wiped themselves leaving the customer with blank hard drives.:):):)

Then wouldnt you consider the dish dvr's to be superior if they are able to diagnose a problem that requires a wipe to correct as opposed to a tivo that requires human intervention to initiate the wipe to correct?

I never used tivo's so but with dish dvrs my experience was good though its now outdated as I havent seen the recent additions that came along in the last year and half.