Fox News Sues Echostar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Demographics maybe?

NightRyder

i would agree. That pack is recent addition and they probably assumed that the people interested in it had conservative family values and therefore were more receptive to Fox than CNN. I understand that they do get complaints based not on the presence or lack of a perceived bias but on the fact that they feel FOX sensatioanalizes the news and perhaps stresses a sexual content more than they think it should.

If you do not have any comment regarding Fox News and the lawsuit they brought against Echostar, please refrain from hitting the reply button to this thread. Everything else, take it to the pit.

THIS IS THE LAST WARNING.

If you are directing that at me, I never received a first warning. Secondly, long before this escalated to where it is, I too was asking that this crap be discussed in the pit.

This "Faux News" crap comes up EVERY TIME there is a post about Fox News. Many of us are sick and tired of it. Show me a discussion about Fox News or Fox Business where some jerk hasn't started in about how right wing Fox is. You cannot. Because all staff members (moderators) allow this discussion in every Fox News thread, on every occasion. For once I would like to see a Fox News thread without the opinion of liberals. All I am doing is defending Fox News. Don't get down on me about it if you are going to allow such comments in the first place.

The first warning was in post #69, before this thread degenerated, and no, the warning wasn't just directed at you. It was directed at everyone that was posting way off topic comments.

I work at call center for dish network and im gonna say that top 200 is probably a wider package than top 100/ and why would fox news just now decide that they want to sue if its already december? that makes no since, i would like to know the outcome of that debate.

Unless you have access to the full company records re: subscribers at different package levels, I would venture to say that your opinion is simply that, an opinion, no more valid that anyone else's. Not an attack, but unless you have full details, which E* AND Fox do have, you have no way of knowing what the truth is.

Why sue in December? In most cases, lawsuits over breach of contract must be filed within a 12 month period of when they occur. That is often referred to as the "statute of limitations" for the right to sue and recover damages.

If would be interesting to see if the DVR Advantage is actually the most distributed package today.

How would F* know what E*'s numbers are?

Just another thought on this suit, a musing, really.

We all know what a media whore Chuckie is and how he likes to make his case there on every opportunity. IF the 200 package was the most subscribed to package and he had the statistics to back it up, would he have not paraded it all over the media? The fact of which is the biggest package is not something that would help the competition any more than raw numbers will if this goes to court, so I am thinking that if he had anything in the way of facts to support the E* side of this lawsuit, it would have been presented by now. As they say, "the silence is deafening", which is why I think FOX will prevail in this action.

Why would chuckie and buddies want to keep the FNC channels on the upper tiers? Popularity? Higher cost / subscriber than MSNBC, CNBC, CNN? I sincerely doubt we will ever find that one out, what comes out in a court case is a "lawyered up" answer to questions and any similarity to the truth, in most cases, is purely unintended and accidental.

If would be interesting to see if the DVR Advantage is actually the most distributed package today.

How would F* know what E*'s numbers are?

Any reasonable contract that is made based on usage of a product (in this case, charge per customer per month of access) would include a way of auditing the users numbers. Fox is smart enough to have had their lawyers write the contract this way, so you can bet they are given the numbers and furnishing them with anything but actuals constitute fraud, in addition to breach of contract. Fox may just be on a fishing expedition, but this is a rather costly way to do it and would make little sense to do so, however, dumber things have happened.

we don't know if Fox had the right to audit or if they exercised this alleged right. We don't even know that the rights fees or the definition of most widely ditributed package are monthly figures.

I suppose it is possible that Fox is ona fishing expedition but more likely they are negotiating for the next contract.

As for who is actually correct i cannot say. We have an incomplete set of facts largely obtained from press releases and I hesitate to draw conclusions based on that.

DVR Advantage isn't a package it's a pricing plan.

AS another poster pointed out it is. It is a variant of the AT200 and it even modifies the charges for "premiums" and unlike many other dish packages it calls the difference between AT 200 and AT250 a premium.

Still in all I have no ide what package is the most widely distributed or sold.

Just another thought on this suit, a musing, really.

We all know what a media whore Chuckie is and how he likes to make his case there on every opportunity. IF the 200 package was the most subscribed to package and he had the statistics to back it up, would he have not paraded it all over the media? The fact of which is the biggest package is not something that would help the competition any more than raw numbers will if this goes to court, so I am thinking that if he had anything in the way of facts to support the E* side of this lawsuit, it would have been presented by now. As they say, "the silence is deafening", which is why I think FOX will prevail in this action.

Why would chuckie and buddies want to keep the FNC channels on the upper tiers? Popularity? Higher cost / subscriber than MSNBC, CNBC, CNN? I sincerely doubt we will ever find that one out, what comes out in a court case is a "lawyered up" answer to questions and any similarity to the truth, in most cases, is purely unintended and accidental.

Actually we do sometimes see these things tried in the press. But if I were DISH I would not want to bring attention to the suit. Even if you "prove" your case someone only remembers the suit or you wind up considered a mud slinger.

I suspect that all this will go awy will o awy when they settle on a new contract. Like others though I am curious as to whether the Fox allegations are true---or the whole stofry.

Last edited:
Sorry to some posters that got caught in my clean-up of this thread. Some folks kept responding to some off topic or political remarks left in this thread after the previous clean-up. It is just a way to stop the tide

Satelliteguys allows and ENCOURAGES all the political speach you can stomach in the Pit. Please go there and argue the politics of the news channels to your heart's delight!

In turn, please keep threads outside the pit ON TOPIC! This includes using "pet names" for channels that are designed to invoke an off-topic response. This is not an edict. It's a strong request.

A reminder, this thread is about FOX NEWS (or FNC, Fox, NewsCorp, Rupert Murdoch) suing Dish Network (or E*, Echostar, DN, Charlie) over a carriage agreement. That is what is being discussed in this thread.

Any other subjects are wecome. BUT NOT IN THIS THREAD!

Merry Christmas!

See ya
Tony

Sorry to some posters that got caught in my clean-up of this thread. Some folks kept responding to some off topic or political remarks left in this thread after the previous clean-up. It is just a way to stop the tide

Satelliteguys allows and ENCOURAGES all the political speach you can stomach in the Pit. Please go there and argue the politics of the news channels to your heart's delight!
With that in mind, the PIT is also not a receptacle for trash talk and a flaming free for all. Often these rubes come down there with the impression that its a place they can toss ad hominem attacks around at will. When we slap back they start banging on the "report" button.. We have rules of decorum and I suggest anyone wanting to come to the PIT first spend some time reading and leave the prejudgments elsewhere. Add substance to the debate rather than drive by slap shots and insults and your welcome.

AS another poster pointed out it is. It is a variant of the AT200 and it even modifies the charges for "premiums" and unlike many other dish packages it calls the difference between AT 200 and AT250 a premium.

Still in all I have no ide what package is the most widely distributed or sold.

So, if you have the DVR Advantage you can't get the 250?

What will happen is what always happens. A compromise will be reached. I do not know if they will end up with Fox news in AT100, but we will probably end up with the Fox Business News in AT200, Fox will get a price increase, but Charlie will end up with a smaller increase than was asked for by Fox. Both sides will "win" and the issue will die until the next contract time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts