Fox Regional Sports Channels status

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sinclair has updated the website DISH and Sling STILL Don't Carry the FOX Sports Regional Networks Nationwide for baseball and NHL playoff season. They also now list Marquee and YES as being "disputed" even though Dish never had Marquee/YES and YES was only available through Sling and have removed all the mentions about YouTube TV not offering the RSN's in all areas like they used to.

The verbiage lines up with what we all thought - instead of "contact your provider and demand they carry your RSN", it now is very blunt and says " Unfortunately, the FOX Sports Regional Networks, are likely not coming back to Dish/Sling so you need to switch to another pay-TV provider to get all your hometown games"

This also came out today - Sinclair estimates could be that they will lose money broadcasting sports as they will be in the red $130 million. There will be some refunds as 142 games wont be on the RSNs. Now, if the refunds make their way back to customers, the refunds wouldn't impact Dish subscribers as they didn't have the RSN's during this time, but if Sinclair is going to be in the red by $130 million, I would think they would make a deal with Dish to get any money they could.

Reactions: satjay
This also came out today - Sinclair estimates could be that they will lose money broadcasting sports as they will be in the red $130 million. There will be some refunds as 142 games wont be on the RSNs. Now, if the refunds make their way back to customers, the refunds wouldn't impact Dish subscribers as they didn't have the RSN's during this time, but if Sinclair is going to be in the red by $130 million, I would think they would make a deal with Dish to get any money they could.

Of course, Dish should have already refunded the money to their subscribers, in the form of lower package prices, precisely due to the lack of RSN's in their packages. Note that I said "should have." :(

Sinclair is in a worse bargaining position than I was with my two wives. I couldn't do much for them and they both knew it. I kept arguing that I would have something better to offer in the future, neither one of them bought it. I'm afraid DISH and Sinclair are headed for the same outcome as I had.

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
And today, Dish Promise has updated their page to say that Sinclair has refused all their proposals to restore the channels.

I find it interesting that if I enter a zip code where there are no local channel disputes, that page no longer gives the reassuring message that there are no disputes for the zip code entered. It acts like it does not even respond at all to entering the zip code. Entering a zip code where there actually is a local channel dispute (such as Zanesville, 43701) still works, though.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I find it interesting that if I enter a zip code where there are no local channel disputes, that page no longer gives the reassuring message that there are no disputes for the zip code entered. It acts like it does not even respond at all to entering the zip code. Entering a zip code where there actually is a local channel dispute (such as Zanesville, 43701) still works, though.
I leave that one alone don't want to jinx it! :)

• Haha
Reactions: pattykay
I leave that one alone don't want to jinx it! :)
It used to just automatically pop-up with the message about "no local channel disputes" whenever I would go to that page, based on the last zip code I had entered (or the zip code on my Dish account). I guess it uses cookies to remember my account, or what I have checked before. Now, that no longer seems to be working.

Started getting the switch from dish and sling add in FB today.:oldno:oldno

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200720-223714_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200720-223714_Chrome.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 247
Reactions: DawgDeputy
I just wish we could get AT&T SportsNet Southwest. Only channel that shows local baseball and basketball games daily.
At this point, the regions that are still getting AT&T SportsNet on Dish should consider themselves lucky (even with the new sports surcharge that Dish introduced this year). Just wait until that contract expires. There will hardly be any RSN's left on Dish after that.

I don’t know. It’s not hard to stay under $30 to watch a game at a bar... if you can also control your drinking to a responsible amount, and eat wise.

Maybe, but if you watch 2 or more games a month (likely) you’re already over $50.

Maybe, but if you watch 2 or more games a month (likely) you’re already over $50.
True, however, you can also compare what you’d be paying at the house for food and drink as well, and see the difference is probably negligible. I know when I was going to the bars to watch a game, I would usually spend less monthly than $50. Granted, I didn’t go every weekend, and although was going for a specific game, would enjoy company and spend more time hanging out.

I guess you can't get them thru MLB.com.? Just saw where you live. Dumb ? on my part.:facepalm

No not dumb. I checked that too. All home games are blacked out until 90 minutes after the game is done. Away games are available live + later.

Someone had mentioned using a VPN to fake my home address but I haven't looked at that.

When D@@h had I would dvr then can watch after work and skip commercials, rain delays, pitching changes etc. Guess that's what I miss the most. :crying:crying

Unless I can figure out something else, I will just stream the mlb audio which I already subscribe to. Then hit a bar if I want to watch a particular game. :what2

If my owned 722k were to take a dump then I might look at another provider, but I own the equipment for now. :stooges

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)