Fox Regional Sports Channels status

No not dumb. I checked that too. All home games are blacked out until 90 minutes after the game is done. Away games are available live + later.

Someone had mentioned using a VPN to fake my home address but I haven't looked at that.

When D@@h had I would dvr then can watch after work and skip commercials, rain delays, pitching changes etc. Guess that's what I miss the most. :crying:crying

Unless I can figure out something else, I will just stream the mlb audio which I already subscribe to. Then hit a bar if I want to watch a particular game. :what2

If my owned 722k were to take a dump then I might look at another provider, but I own the equipment for now. :stooges
Here's something that might help with MLB.com: How to Watch Detroit Tigers MLB Games Live in 2020 | NoCable Stroll down till you see Using MLB.com. Sorry our Reds are beating you up in preseason. :)

• Love
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Comcast and Sinclair reached a agreement. 78 local stations and RSNs.
So are RSNs off of anything besides Dish/sling and I think Fubo or whatever?

I find it interesting that if I enter a zip code where there are no local channel disputes, that page no longer gives the reassuring message that there are no disputes for the zip code entered. ...
Well, it turns out that there may have been a good reason why that page would not give that reassuring message about my zip code. It has now been updated to reflect the fact that there may soon be a dispute between Dish and Scripps. :( It is still weird that it did not respond at all to me entering my zip code the other day, though.

Reactions: zippyfrog
Possibly related. Extra Innings doesn't include the Cubs' feed from Sinclair-owned Marquee Sports Network. The Cubs channel had the Brewers' feed.

That's not surprising based off of previous years. In the past, the only time Dish would use the feed of an RSN they didn't carry (like YES, SNY, etc) would be if both teams were on an RSN they didn't carry (such as Yankees/Mets, or Phillies/Mets, etc). Then they would use the feed provided by MLB.

And by "not carry" I mean having not carried for more than a year. I think Dish, for the purpose of these sports packages, still has some sort of access to the Fox Branded RSN's, NBC Sports Chicago, and Altitude behind the scenes. The transponder space on the satellites that had those channels has not been touched since the channels were dropped.

Comcast and Sinclair reached a agreement. 78 local stations and RSNs.
So are RSNs off of anything besides Dish/sling and I think Fubo or whatever?

Correct. And they are more restricted on YouTubeTV - not as many people can get it, even if they are in the region for the RSN. And, when the signed the deal a couple of months ago, it did not include Marquee or one of the Fox Sports branded RSN's, maybe Fox Sports West or Fox Sports Prime Ticket.

Comcast was dish’s last hope for putting any pressure on Sinclair, now they’re back to just running a pathetic one man picket line. Zero hope for Sinclair to budge and I doubt dish cares about the 800,000 diehard fans that are affected by the lost channels.

Comcast was dish’s last hope for putting any pressure on Sinclair, now they’re back to just running a pathetic one man picket line. Zero hope for Sinclair to budge and I doubt dish cares about the 800,000 diehard fans that are affected by the lost channels.

Yep... At this point, the only thing for the FOX RSN's to come back to Dish would be for them to be tied to carrying the Sinclair locals, which expire in a year. There was a video on Sports Business Journal that said the only reason the RSN's and Marquee were added to Comcast was the deadline of Comcast losing Sinclair locals in a bunch of markets. That is the only way I can see Dish getting the RSN's now. I can't envision Dish permanently dropping the Sinclair locals as well.

I’m in the Fox Sports MW market, Cardinals. MLB Channel is broadcasting the Cardinals game now, and its blacked out on Dish. I can understand the MLB Channel blocking the game telecast on systems with Fox Sports MW, but Dish doesn’t have Fox Sports MW !

I‘m not a big sports fan, but still......that’s cold man, cold.

Reactions: zippyfrog
I’m in the Fox Sports MW market, Cardinals. MLB Channel is broadcasting the Cardinals game now, and its blacked out on Dish. I can understand the MLB Channel blocking the game telecast on systems with Fox Sports MW, but Dish doesn’t have Fox Sports MW !

I‘m not a big sports fan, but still......that’s cold man, cold.

Yeah...we have that in Chicago - yesterday's Cubs game was blacked out because it was on Marquee locally even though Dish doesn't have the RSN. But that is why the RSN's pay for exclusivity in an area...it stinks.

Yep... At this point, the only thing for the FOX RSN's to come back to Dish would be for them to be tied to carrying the Sinclair locals, which expire in a year. There was a video on Sports Business Journal that said the only reason the RSN's and Marquee were added to Comcast was the deadline of Comcast losing Sinclair locals in a bunch of markets. That is the only way I can see Dish getting the RSN's now. I can't envision Dish permanently dropping the Sinclair locals as well.
No, but I could envision Dish striking a deal with Sinclair for only the locals, without bringing back the RSN's. It could very well mean a much more prolonged fight over the locals than there otherwise would have been, though.

It is not just blacked out on Dish. Any carrier other than the RSN in that team's broadcast area also has it blacked out because the RSN has primacy for this broadcast - MLB blackout rules.

I live in the Texas panhandle 600 miles from Houston and nobody carries Astros games here (only some small RSN that operates only in Houston has Astros games), but all the astros games are blacked out because they claim the entire state of Texas as their territory.

It is not just blacked out on Dish. Any carrier other than the RSN in that team's broadcast area also has it blacked out because the RSN has primacy for this broadcast - MLB blackout rules.

I live in the Texas panhandle 600 miles from Houston and nobody carries Astros games here (only some small RSN that operates only in Houston has Astros games), but all the astros games are blacked out because they claim the entire state of Texas as their territory.
I'm in the same boat as you here in Florida. The Tampa Bay Rays and Marlins are blacked out and I live in NW Fl. near Pensacola. I don't really care because I'm a Reds fan anyway.:)

I'm in the same boat as you here in Florida. The Tampa Bay Rays and Marlins are blacked out and I live in NW Fl. near Pensacola. I don't really care because I'm a Reds fan anyway.:)

There's a word for the Rays and Marlins being blacked out where you live. Fortunate.

They need to get the RSNs back on and figure out a way to make it work. Maybe when Sinclair RSNs brings in a new president that will help. Otherwise best chance is next summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts