Fox Soccer Channel HD and Fox Soccer Channel Plus

gdodd12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Any idea of Dish is going to start carrying these? FSC Plus is scheduled to launch March 1st. Not sure when FSC HD is launching, but it is sometime this year. I really hope Dish will carry FSC Plus.

Dish carries sentena which I believe will morf into fox soccer plus

I thought I read that Setanta was going to still be around. So is FSC + then going to be monthly subscription channel? That would suck.

EDIT: Looks like FSC is trying to buy Setanta. So I would guess it will basically become the $15/ month channel.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't keep it as a separate $15/month channel, it would make more sense in the regular sports pack...

That would suck, but I can easily see it happening. And they will probably put the best EPL, CL, and Serie A games on that channel to pull subscribers...

What channel #? I have the top package and I don't see it.

"Launched" as in "BBC-A HD launched" or "TCM-HD launched" or "RFD-HD launched" or.......; i.e. available but Dish doesn't carry it. Frankly, I'm not even sure FSC-HD is available right now, but makes no difference. Dish doesn't carry it. :)

"Launched" as in "BBC-A HD launched" or "TCM-HD launched" or "RFD-HD launched" or.......; i.e. available but Dish doesn't carry it. Frankly, I'm not even sure FSC-HD is available right now, but makes no difference. Dish doesn't carry it. :)

yeah, just went to the site again, it was saying January 2010 before and now it says early 2010, so who knows when it will be available and when dish will actually carry it.

It turns out that according to several good sources, "Fox Soccer Plus" IS Fox Soccer's HD channel.

My guess is that they planned to launch in HD on January 1st, but like BBC America and TCM, they could not find anyone to carry it.

So, they are going to make a premium channel, in HD, with the EPL and Champions League matches that they would otherwise have sold to Setanta, starting March 1st. The combination of unique content and HD will allow providers to charge extra, and that will enable them to get on systems where HD versions of existing channels cannot.

Here is the official press release - note "exclusive" and "high definition":

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fsc//binary/2010/01/11/FoxSoccer_Plus1263257164224.pdf

From what I read yesterday, FSC Plus will be HD and probably premium, and FSC will turn into FSC HD. Both are supposedly going to be HD, but Plus will be premium.

From what I read yesterday, FSC Plus will be HD and probably premium, and FSC will turn into FSC HD. Both are supposedly going to be HD, but Plus will be premium.

:up I'm pretty sure you are right. On the cost, I think a lot of soccer fans only have the Gold package to get FSC. If you could downgrade and sub FS+ it could be cheaper.

It turns out that according to several good sources, "Fox Soccer Plus" IS Fox Soccer's HD channel.

My guess is that they planned to launch in HD on January 1st, but like BBC America and TCM, they could not find anyone to carry it.

So, they are going to make a premium channel, in HD, with the EPL and Champions League matches that they would otherwise have sold to Setanta, starting March 1st. The combination of unique content and HD will allow providers to charge extra, and that will enable them to get on systems where HD versions of existing channels cannot.

Here is the official press release - note "exclusive" and "high definition":

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fsc//binary/2010/01/11/FoxSoccer_Plus1263257164224.pdf

This is incorrect. Fox Soccer Plus will be a separate channel from Fox Soccer Channel. Think of it as an ESPN2 (in relation to ESPN) for FSC. Programming will be completely different on both channels. Since Fox owns rights to Barclays Premier League, UEFA Champions League, Italian Serie A, etc, there are so many games to show that they can't all fit on FSC's schedule. So in the past, they would sublicense some games to Setanta to show. Now that Fox Soccer Plus is coming, they no longer will sublicense games to Setanta (i.e., UEFA Champions League and EPL to be specific).

And yes, Fox is in process of acquiring Setanta, but I read around internet is that Fox will only take over Setanta's licenses (SPL, Ligue 1, etc), not necessarily continue operting channel.

In terms of HD, FSC will be going HD sometime soon. For Fox Soccer Plus, the channel will debut in SD and HD at the same time.

LA Times report:
Fox to announce launch of 2nd all-soccer network - latimes.com

You are disputing something I did not say.

Fox Soccer Plus will be a separate channel.

However, there is no mention of FSC in HD and no mention of FS+ in SD.

The most reliable soccer source stated:
*Fox Soccer Channel is expanding into the world of HD! Introducing FSC Plus, which is scheduled to launch March 1.
Thus Fox Soccer Channel will not be "in the world of HD" before March 1 and they will only be doing so by launching FSC Plus.

FSC will continue in SD and FSC Plus will be HD, with exclusive content and a premium price.

This is echoed in the Press Release that I linked above.

:up I'm pretty sure you are right. On the cost, I think a lot of soccer fans only have the Gold package to get FSC. If you could downgrade and sub FS+ it could be cheaper.

I still want to keep regular FSC though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts