Fox Soccer, Fox Soccer Plus and beINSport moved channels

NotTheNoob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2012
West Coast
Fox Soccer is now on ch 390 (formerly on ch 406)
Fox Soccer Plus is now on ch 391 (formerly on ch 407)
beINSport is now on ch 392 (formerly on ch 408)

Channel 406(HD) and channel 408(HD) have vanished.

There is no "This channel is moving to..." warning for both Fox Soccer HD and beINSport HD. The proper warnings are only in place on Fox Soccer ch 406(sd), Fox Soccer Plus ch 407(sd) and beINSport ch 408 (sd).

I have numerous dvr timers on all three channels, all of which had to be reprogrammed.

I was about ten seconds from dropping Dish when browsing through the channels I saw that it skipped 406. Quickly I figured out what was happening and chilled out. I was confused as to why they would drop FSC.

Can't believe they just turned 406HD off right in the middle of a game (aprox 1430CT). Went to the bathroom and when I came out the receiver had changed to channel 1 VOD....I blamed the dog for stepping on the remote, until I realized that 406HD wasn't in the guide anymore. Don't these type of moves usually happen in the early hours of the morning??

Ah... that explains why my receiver was on channel 100 or 101 or what not. I don't have that in my channel listing and was confused why it got there.
Nope usually happens sometime between 2PM and 5PM on Wednesdays...
... during Champions League matches. I'm certain there must be some good reason for their timing but it escapes me. Would have been nice if they put up a board on 406 telling of the change... but if 406 remained in HD, it would have been possible that it would have recorded the message instead of a game.

I was about ten seconds from dropping Dish when browsing through the channels I saw that it skipped 406. Quickly I figured out what was happening and chilled out. I was confused as to why they would drop FSC.
THEY DROP CHANNELS FREQUENTLY without warning..especially sports channels..personally I like Dish but cant stand their tactics..The fcc requires cable companies to give 30 days notice if there is possibility they could drop a channel

Normally when a channel is moved if your tuned to it you dont even notice it moved.

Not sure what happened yesterday.
they didnt change the transponder..they changed the channel number..usually they leave it at the old location a couple weeks to give people a chance to move their timers..they didnt this time

The new 392 BeIN is not showing in HD here, anyone is experiencing the same?
It is in SD for me, but I have Latino Dos. I was surprised that I was getting BeIN in english at all. BeIN, the kind of spanish version, is still in HD on 871 for Latino Dos folks.

It is in SD for me, but I have Latino Dos. I was surprised that I was getting BeIN in english at all. BeIN, the kind of spanish version, is still in HD on 871 for Latino Dos folks.

I have Latino Max too but yesterday I was receiving 408 in HD before the switch to 392. Dish website now says, I should get 392 and 873 (the additional BeIN, not the Spanish one). I sent a message to Mary from DIRT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)