Fox Soccer & Fox Soccer Plus moved??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It does make sense but don't forget that the Dish webpage that lists the HD packages also still lists FSC HD under AT120Plus, with the disclaimer that it's not available on AT200.

It seems strange to me though that the HD version could be kept back for AT250 subscribers but not those who subscribe to the multi sports package. :confused:

Good point. Why do they discriminate against AT200? Also, FSC doesn't seem to show up under channels available for any package other than AT250 for the Standard Definition version. So is it a Multi-Sport pack only channel? And whether or not you get it in HD is dependent on what regular package you subscribe to? That all seems too complicated.

To setup for the Arsenal-ManU match in HD.

Click DVR button twice, go to Timers and then Manual Timers.

Enter 9520 for the channel number (if you have America's Top), set the starting and ending time (you could go a little early for starting lineups and a little late in case of delay like today's Drogba incident) - the nominal start time is 11amET (8am PT). Be sure to set the date to 8/28.

Set the priority to "move to top", and be sure to click on create timer at the end.

DIRT has some news to share once it is made official.
Well that is ominous.

What seems most amazing is that the Dish Network Website has been updated so quickly.

FSC is shown for Latino Dos (I assume Max as well) and 250. Why did they drop FSC to Top 120+ for a number of months? So, if it is listed under Dos still, is it in HD, or is it going to SD and there will not be an HD feed?

Last edited:
I cannot wait for the day when I can rid myself of cable/satellite TV. The entire industry is founded on making people pay for things they don't use. In order to have FSCHD, I have to buy hundreds of other channels of garbage I don't care about. Worse yet, they make me sign a contract saying I will continue to pay for said garbage, and that they reserve the right to remove or alter the service at their convenience. It's incredibly frustrating for people like me who want one very specific thing from the service. Live sports is pretty much the only remaining thing cable and satellite providers have and I'm guessing they're going to hold onto it for dear life to force people like me to keep paying $90/mo to be able to watch a handful of soccer matches. DishNetwork made over $2B in profit last year because they get people like me to pay $90 and they don't really have to do anything (Honest week's pay for an honest day's work).

Yes, I'm aware of illegitimate online sources to stream the content, but I'm a videophile and I'm WILLING TO PAY a reasonable fee for access to the content that I actually want.

foxsoccer.tv has improved this year, and hopefully they make more improvements next year.

Yes, I'm aware of illegitimate online sources to stream the content, but I'm a videophile and I'm WILLING TO PAY a reasonable fee for access to the content that I actually want.

foxsoccer.tv has improved this year, and hopefully they make more improvements next year.
Improved this year? Have you watched any live games the past couple of weekends? On Demand, it's great, live... for most people its been non-existent.

I do agree that it bites to have to pay for other channels just for the few you want. But honestly, Dish is a ton better than Directv, as their English packages are $60+ and everyone is paying for the complimentary soccer, Super Rugby (I want to have that! Fox gave those rights up after taking Setanta), NASCAR Hot Pass coverage. Dish gives you more options, such as the Latino packages to lower the price to limit the channels you don't want.

But darn it, just give me my FSC in HD. We don't get GolTV, give me FSC HD!

@Yespage, when I said it improved, I mean they have more access to more matches ;) I wasn't referring to the actual viewing experience, which for me seems pretty similar to last year. I rarely watch things live just because I prefer to watch at my convenience. Living in the US it's easy to do that with soccer, since no one I know cares about soccer and won't spoil the results :p

I agree, Dish is cheaper than DirectTV, which is nice. But it stil feels too expensive. I want a la carte! Anyways, I was just venting my frustration and I've gotten a little off topic. 406!

I think all providers will need to move to an a la carte system sometime in the feature. As that becomes more and more popular through the internet, people won't need Satellite/cable in is current format. Adapt or die.

people like me to keep paying $90/mo to be able to watch a handful of soccer matches.

I'm just talking now about the situation that was in place until 48 hours ago - I don't know if anything has changed as a result of the events described in this thread.

However, I am paying a lot less than $90 a year to get FSC in HD.

It is in the America's Top 120 Plus package which is about $50, so even with a DVR fee, it is under $60 (assuming you have the "HD For Life" offer).

Just FYI, I have at250 and the HD for FSC is not showing up for me either at 406.

I have 250 also, and no HD for me either. Lots of conflicting info so far, so I guess nobody here knows for sure yet whether we're getting HD back? I'm watching the SD 406 right now and it's practically unwatchable--tons of compression artifacts, aliased lines, etc. It's the worst SD feed I've seen on Dish. I signed up with Dish to get HD, and if it's gone I'll seriously consider switching back to D*.

And what's this about an announcement from "DIRT"? Assuming that's DirecTV, sorry for my noobishness.

Yes, the HD is on the 9520 channel for the FSC! It is a map down issue on the HD feed but it is not going anywhere. I have been trying to get an update out there but we have been crazy with the Hurricane. The guide issue is being worked upon, it was just meant to be a simple channel move to streamline our service. Please be assure that nothing more than the channel is changing and it will be fix we just do not know how soon.

Yes, the HD is on the 9520 channel for the FSC! It is a map down issue on the HD feed but it is not going anywhere. I have been trying to get an update out there but we have been crazy with the Hurricane. The guide issue is being worked upon, it was just meant to be a simple channel move to streamline our service. Please be assure that nothing more than the channel is changing and it will be fix we just do not know how soon.

Terrific news! A simple "it's coming" is all I needed to hear for now. Will keep an eye out for the mapping to get fixed.

I had been on 250 just to get FSC, but after reading the info on here I checked the website to see that it was being offered in HD at 120+. I made a phone call to switch, but was told the website was wrong and I couldn't get FSC in HD in the 120+ package. Then I tried a chat and was told the same thing yesterday. Tried a chat again this morning and had success, so, now I have 120+ with FSC in HD (although still just on channel 149 like everyone else). Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks Mary. I'm not saying I don't believe it quite yet, but everyone who's spoken to a Dish agent appears to be getting different info so I suppose I'll have to wait and see. But from what you've said above, would I be right in assuming that 9520 isn't moving and that the message on the Guide that says 9520 is moving to 406 (i.e. the same message as on 149) is wrong? That at least will keep a lot of current viewers happy :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts