Fox Sports 1

Yeah, ive seen some off the wall sites report that Directv, Dish and TWC deals are done for FS1. Looking good.

Wonder about FXX now.

Let's hope we get or hear something soon on it!! :) FXX Channel Announced: New FX Network Coming In September
Posted: 03/28/2013 9:46 am EDT | Updated: 07/22/2013 4:47 pm EDT The FXX channel will launch on September 2. According to FX, the new network will be available in 74 million homes at launch http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/28/fxx-channel-new-fx-network_n_2970983.html FX Officially Unveils FXX Channel To Launch In September, New Branding Campaign http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/fx-officially-unveils-fxx-channel-to-launch-in-september/
FXX...........FXX is an upcoming American digital cable and satellite television channel that will be owned by the Fox Entertainment Group subsidiary of 21st Century Fox.[1] Aimed at young men between 18- and 34-years-old, the channel's programming will focus on original and acquired comedy series, some drama series and feature films. FXX is expected to launch on September 2, 2013, and is expected to replace Fox Soccer.Fox Entertainment Group announced FXX on March 28, 2013 for a planned launch on September 2, 2013, and said it would be available in approximately 74 million American homes "in year one". Fox has not yet officially confirmed that the channel will be replacing Fox Soccer, though according to several media outlets, Fox officials have confided that is indeed the plan.

Availability

Satellite

DirecTV
619 (HD/SD) (old Fox Soccer slot in the sports range)

Dish Network
390 (HD/SD)

Cable

Will be available on select cable systems
Check local listings

Verizon FiOS
584 (HD)
84 (SD)

IPTV

AT&T U-verse
654 (SD)
1654 (HD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FXX_(TV_channel)

Went into the EPG and saw for FUEL that programming changes on saturday at around 3pm from UFC stuff to motorsports stuff. Sure hope the channel itself becomes HD...

Dish says it will be on 150, the Speed channels current location. However, when I look at Saturdays NASCAR truck race, it shows nothing and is listed as Speed. Hope they get that fixed pretty soon, I really need to record the truck race as it and the Nationwide races overlap.

Typically there are no other games at the same time as the Fox broadcasts.
That's because most teams move their scheduled times on Saturday outside the Fox window to avoid having them blacked out. But sometimes due to scheduling conflicts, they can't. If Fox doesn't pick up the game, it will be blacked out for everyone, even the local market.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/mlb-blackout-policy-under-attack-in-the-courts/
?

"Under the current MLB-FOX agreement, which will expire at the end of the 2013 season, only FOX may broadcast MLB games during a certain time period on Saturdays. That leaves many teams with the decision to either schedule Saturday games in the evening, outside the FOX window or have some Saturday home games not broadcast locally. And it leaves fans shut out from every game played on a Saturday afternoon, other than the one FOX broadcasts in their area."

Dish says it will be on 150, the Speed channels current location. However, when I look at Saturdays NASCAR truck race, it shows nothing and is listed as Speed. Hope they get that fixed pretty soon, I really need to record the truck race as it and the Nationwide races overlap.

With it going live Saturday, when would the uplink mojo happen?

That's because most teams move their scheduled times on Saturday outside the Fox window to avoid having them blacked out. But sometimes due to scheduling conflicts, they can't. If Fox doesn't pick up the game, it will be blacked out for everyone, even the local market.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/mlb-blackout-policy-under-attack-in-the-courts/
?

"Under the current MLB-FOX agreement, which will expire at the end of the 2013 season, only FOX may broadcast MLB games during a certain time period on Saturdays. That leaves many teams with the decision to either schedule Saturday games in the evening, outside the FOX window or have some Saturday home games not broadcast locally. And it leaves fans shut out from every game played on a Saturday afternoon, other than the one FOX broadcasts in their area."

I understand the blackout policy. I think my full post quoted here explains that better than the small part you cut out and quoted from me.

Typically there are no other games at the same time as the Fox broadcasts. Usually they pick 3 or 4 games every Saturday and assign only one to each region. They still black out the games they are showing in other regions on MLB.tv and EI. I'm not a fan of this because as a MLB.tv subscriber I expect to be able to watch any game I want.

Usually there won't be any non-Fox games during the Fox window though. Sometimes there are for rain out makeups or other things but most of the time they don't schedule games when they know they can't broadcast them on TV.

My point in the second small paragraph I posted is that it is very rarely an issue. Yes, I would love it if they got rid of their blackouts. Teams rarely play during the Fox and ESPN blackout windows unless there are some unusual circumstances that cause them to. ESPN will sometimes allow the game to be broadcast in the two teams local markets only when this happens.

Because the rest of the league is smart enough to schedule outside the blackout windows whenever possible it isn't usually a big deal. The bigger deal in my opinion is that they are allowed to choose more than one Fox game every weekend. This means that if the Fox game you want isn't chosen for your region you can't pick it up on MLB.tv or EI.

At least ESPN only chooses one game. They are still blacked out on MLB.tv but most people can still watch it. They should either do the same thing on Fox or require them to broadcast all 3 games they choose across Fox and their new sports channels.

It dont need Uplink Mojo, since Speed is becoming Fox Sports 1 the only change that will be done is the channel name will be updated. And that can happen next Wednesday, its not a big deal.

Yes but Fox Sports 2 is launching Saturday too. Fuel was not in HD on Dish and I'm assuming that with this new contract both FS1 and FS2 will be in HD. I don't know if that will require a new uplink or if they can just take one of the HD ALTS and re-tag it.

It dont need Uplink Mojo, since Speed is becoming Fox Sports 1 the only change that will be done is the channel name will be updated. And that can happen next Wednesday, its not a big deal.

OK, was just wondering since they were gonna have 2 versions, Speed for those with no contract and FS1 for those with a contract.

Yes but Fox Sports 2 is launching Saturday too. Fuel was not in HD on Dish and I'm assuming that with this new contract both FS1 and FS2 will be in HD. I don't know if that will require a new uplink or if they can just take one of the HD ALTS and re-tag it.
I have seen nothing to show that Fox Sports 2 is launching on DISH or DIRECTV.

In fact when I go to the Fox Sport 1 website and lookup it says only Fox Sport 1 is available on DISH and DIRECTV. However if I look at my cable provider (COX) it says both Fox Sports 1 and 2 will be available on COX.

I wouldnt be surprised if its a few weeks before we see FS2.

It'd be nice if they would add FS2 in HD and throw it in the sports pack or something.

In fact when I go to the Fox Sport 1 website and lookup it says only Fox Sport 1 is available on DISH and DIRECTV. However if I look at my cable provider (COX) it says both Fox Sports 1 and 2 will be available on COX.

Wow! I guess I just figured that they would handle all their negotiations for FS1, FS2, and FXX at the same time. It seems like could have worked something out for slightly less money per channel if they agreed to take all 3 or something similar. Even if FXX was split out I never even considered that FS1 and FS2 would be separate deals. It looks like you may be right though.

Edit: Charter in my area has channel numbers listed for both FS1 and FS2 as well. Like you said Dish only has a number listed for FS1. Oh well. Everything I was looking forward to has been advertised for FS1 so far. If they start putting college football or MLB on FS2 that will change though.

Last edited:

http://www.multichannel.com/distribution/fox-sports-1-completes-distribution-roster/144965
Fox is also launching Fox Sports 2 from Fuel TV, which counts some 37 million subscribers, on Aug. 17