Fox Sports 1

The other FOX Sports 1 threads are pretty long and I haven't found this info anywhere else so thought you might be interested.

This item appeared in the article at:
http://www.mwcconnection.com/ncaa-football/2013/7/20/4541824/fox-sports-1-directv-dish-time-warner

Quoting:
Right now, Speed Channel costs 23 cents per subscriber and the new all-sports channel wants to charge 80 cents per subscriber for the channel. That increase seems fair since Fox Sports 1 will carry a lot more mainstream sports than Speed Channel which was dedicated to just racing.

Also- here's a link to the FOX Sports 1 FAQ:
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/page/foxsports1-faq

I say if Speed channel has a transmission agreement that is to expire on a certain date, then the switch over to FS1 needs to adhere to the Speed channel agreement until it expires, THEN they can negotiate new rates for the new channel. It isn't Dish's fault that they are discontinuing/switching formats.

Quoting:
Right now, Speed Channel costs 23 cents per subscriber and the new all-sports channel wants to charge 80 cents per subscriber for the channel. That increase seems fair since Fox Sports 1 will carry a lot more mainstream sports than Speed Channel which was dedicated to just racing.
Why does it seem fair when I dont watch any other sports but racing?

i think what will happen is ether Dish will make a deal at the last second with Fox to carry FS1 and FS2, as it they can keep the new network under the current deal with Speed in place, or do the same thing they did when Nick Gas went away for TeenNick/TheN after TheN and Noggin (which is now known as Nick Jr.) split into 2 24 hour networks from it's old 12 hour shared format (similar to Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite and Cartoon Network/Adult Swim) and Fox Reality after Fox announced it would be shutting that network down for Nat Geo Wild, and that is put all of the non-live content of Speed on loop everyday until contract expires or Fox makes a agreement for FS1 on Dish. hope Dish gets to carry this channel on Launch day. but knowing Dish's history with carriage dispute, this channel won't be on Dish.

i think what will happen is ether Dish will make a deal at the last second with Fox to carry FS1 and FS2, as it they can keep the new network under the current deal with Speed in place, or do the same thing they did when Nick Gas went away for TeenNick/TheN after TheN and Noggin (which is now known as Nick Jr.) split into 2 24 hour networks from it's old 12 hour shared format (similar to Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite and Cartoon Network/Adult Swim) and Fox Reality after Fox announced it would be shutting that network down for Nat Geo Wild, and that is put all of the non-live content of Speed on loop everyday until contract expires or Fox makes a agreement for FS1 on Dish. hope Dish gets to carry this channel on Launch day. but knowing Dish's history with carriage dispute, this channel won't be on Dish.
you forgot about outdoorlife where just the hockey was blacked out

The other FOX Sports 1 threads are pretty long and I haven't found this info anywhere else so thought you might be interested.

This item appeared in the article at:
http://www.mwcconnection.com/ncaa-football/2013/7/20/4541824/fox-sports-1-directv-dish-time-warner

Quoting:

Also- here's a link to the FOX Sports 1 FAQ:
http://msn.foxsports.com/other/page/foxsports1-faq

Its also been reported in several articles that there is an escalator they are seeking in the carriage agreement for FS1, that 80 cents escalates to $1.50 per sub over the life of the contract. Supposedly FS2 is not a problem as they are seeking roughly the same rate of 15 cents a sub that they were getting for Fuel. So there is a speculation that FS2 may be on systems that are missing FS1.

Fox has a contract to deliver Dish/Direct etc... Speed Channel, so I have a feeling for the providers they don't get new carriage agreements with, there will be a looping channel of racing content called Speed Channel to keep Fox out of breach on the Speed contract.

1, FS2 not officially announced but highly rumored to be a soft transition.

2, FS2 doesn't need to be renegotiated because they are keeping the rates the same from Fuel to FS2 if the soft transition does happen on the 17th

In the Football portion of the sports section of the Dish Guide, it shows (for August 29, 30, and 31, the opening of the college football season) that all five college games that FS1 is scheduled to carry, will be carried on the Speed channel. That suggests that the FS1 lineup will be on channel 150. We shall see.

According to what I've seen at goducks.com, the Oregon Ducks opener and the Beavers/Ducks civil war game are scheduled for FoxSports1.

The heck with Fox. Put these games on PAC12!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just scanned forward in the guide to the 17th and 18th. Looks like Fox will fulfill any remaining contract commitments for Speed with a loop of old programming on the 17th. All the normal Nascar programming for next Sunday the 18th is gone.

Guide info on Fuel does show new programming schedule for FS2. Nascar Trucks, Rugby, UFC, Fox Sports News Shows, College Football Live.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Looks like Fox is going to try a Watch ESPN type app as well.

Can I get FOX Sports 1 on my phone or tablet?
When FOX Sports 1 launches in August, we’ll also be releasing FOX Sports GO, a groundbreaking mobile sports experience for iPhone, iPad, Android devices and web. The app will offer more than 1,100 live games and events from across FOX Sports, FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports’ 22 regional sports networks. It will also have scores, highlights, news, stats and analysis. Access to games and live events will be free to fans who receive their video programming from a participating cable, satellite or telephone company.

I just found the following at http://www.fuel.tv/fueltvfaq/ :

"Besides UFC, which other FUEL TV programs will be featured on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2?

You’ll see a variety of programs that ran on FUEL TV carry over to FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2, including the Red Bull X-Fighters World Freestyle Motocross Tour, the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championships, and more."

As fans of Motocross, and a very loud critic of NOT high definition on FuelTv, I wonder if we might finally get Motocross in HD. :confused:

Bonipie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)