Fox Sports 1

Dish will get a deal going with Fox Sports 1 soon so it will be able to sock it to ESPN when its contract expires October 1.

Just from reading between the lines here, I think the ESPN is done or close and will get all the Disney/ESPN stuff in HD. I am a little concerned about how quickly something with FS1 is worked out.

I hope Dish gets Fox Sports and then takes off ESPN off the air for a few months. I am tired of having to pay such high rates for channels I don't watch.

I hope Dish gets Fox Sports and then takes off ESPN off the air for a few months. I am tired of having to pay such high rates for channels I don't watch.

Correct me guys if I am incorrect on this. The way Im understanding we are getting FOX SPORTS 1.
SPEED CHANNEL will be renamed FOX SPORTS 1.:D:D

Its getting renamed, but if Dish doesnt have a contract they will keep the old version without the new programming. And Im personally tired of hearing "I'm tired of paying for stuff I dont watch". Who cares (not me)? I pay almost $150 a month, I want my sports and do not care one bit that you dont watch them.

Correct me guys if I am incorrect on this. The way Im understanding we are getting FOX SPORTS 1.

Yep, you would be incorrect. If Dish/Direct or whomever doesn't renegotiate with Fox for rights to the new channel, Fox has a loop of old programming to go on a channel named Speed to fulfill the old contracts

Its getting renamed, but if Dish doesnt have a contract they will keep the old version without the new programming. And Im personally tired of hearing "I'm tired of paying for stuff I dont watch". Who cares (not me)? I pay almost $150 a month, I want my sports and do not care one bit that you dont watch them.

I'll just send you my bill during the 7 or 8 months of the year that I don't watch espn or fox sports programming, since you don't care the extra payments won't bother you. :rolleyes:

If these were bundled in smaller better thought out packages instead of all or nothing, I think people would be a little more forgiving of the rate increases and channel disputes.

As of right now, you are incorrect.

Dish Network, as well as DirecTV and TWC, have not yet closed a carriage deals for Fox Sports 1.

We are less than a week away from the launch of the channel. What the heck is going on?

I'll just send you my bill during the 7 or 8 months of the year that I don't watch espn or fox sports programming, since you don't care the extra payments won't bother you. :rolleyes:

If these were bundled in smaller better thought out packages instead of all or nothing, I think people would be a little more forgiving of the rate increases and channel disputes.

Look, its a freaking joke and I cant take anyone seriously that thinks a couple of channels worth a few bucks are really causing their bill to be so high. Joke. I see people with one or more hoppers maybe a joey floating around (paying those hardware fees) and they keep crying about ESPN, give it a rest... Pay tv is a luxury, if you cant afford it, go another route.

If you can't handle the small burden of the ESPN added cost, you probably should cut the cord. I dont bitch and whine about all the HD channels I never watch, so the non sports fans can stick it as far as Im concerned. They arent going to get any love trolling threads discussing an upcoming sports channel.

Hey Mitch, We ALL pay for stuff we don't watch. As a non sports fan, you are not special, no matter what anyone involved in your upbringing told you to believe.

As of right now, you are incorrect.

Dish Network, as well as DirecTV and TWC, have not yet closed a carriage deals for Fox Sports 1.

We are less than a week away from the launch of the channel. What the heck is going on?
80 cents per sub...THAT is what is going on.

Hey Mitch, We ALL pay for stuff we don't watch. As a non sports fan, you are not special, no matter what anyone involved in your upbringing told you to believe.

You were a lot nicer about it than me. I think the day in day out "I dont like sports why do I have to pay for them" has driven me a little insane.

I see where the non sports fan is coming from I do...but are we led to believe that our bills would actually be reduced by no espn or fox sports...

If dish caved does anyone actually know how much the avg bill would go up

I already can hear people in feb blaming espn for dishs prices going up even though dish may already be planning to raise them

Look, its a freaking joke and I cant take anyone seriously that thinks a couple of channels worth a few bucks are really causing their bill to be so high. Joke. I see people with one or more hoppers maybe a joey floating around (paying those hardware fees) and they keep crying about ESPN, give it a rest... Pay tv is a luxury, if you cant afford it, go another route.

If you can't handle the small burden of the ESPN added cost, you probably should cut the cord. I dont bitch and whine about all the HD channels I never watch, so the non sports fans can stick it as far as Im concerned. They arent going to get any love trolling threads discussing an upcoming sports channel.

I don't give a **** about the cost. Pay tv is a luxury, I've been saying that for several years. (ask my good buddy HanoverPretzel, I've said it to him many many times).

There is a difference between hardware fees and programming fees. One has a choice in how much hardware they require, they have very very little choice in the amount of programming they require.

The bundling is the problem I have with today's tv scheme. The monopolistic and oligolistic ways of the networks, that have been allowed to occur by the government allowing mergers and acquisitions that were not in the best interests of the general public. I would rather spend $50 for 7-8 channels I like, than pay $150 for 300 that I'll never watch.

Pay tv is a luxury, but sports programming is becoming an extravagance.

as to the trolling, your the only troll I've seen around here moaning everytime someone mentions the costs involved with sport programming. If sports and espnu in HD were so important to you, you would have switched to Directv by now