Fox Sports 1

If Dish pulls ESPN during football season and Oct 1 is the heart of the football season. It is a big F.U. to the customer. They are trying to use customers to fight their battles, and this time I'm not waiting. I will have Uverse or Direct TV put in immediately. Maybe on this forum I'd be alone, but I wouldn't be the only Dish customer to ditch them immediately and not come back.

If Dish pulls ESPN during football season and Oct 1 is the heart of the football season. It is a big F.U. to the customer. They are trying to use customers to fight their battles, and this time I'm not waiting. I will have Uverse or Direct TV put in immediately. Maybe on this forum I'd be alone, but I wouldn't be the only Dish customer to ditch them immediately and not come back.

I am right there with you. Watch out some people here don't like when you post something like that. Why I have no idea!

At Least Seven Distributors Have Agreed To Carry FS1

By John Ourand, Staff Writer

Published August 12, 2013 Font Size Resize Small Resize Normal Resize Large | Print | |
Comcast, Cablevision, Charter, Cox, Verizon, AT&T and Suddenlink -- distributors that account for nearly 45 million subscribers -- have committed to carry FS1 on its Aug. 17 launch, Fox has confirmed. That leaves DirecTV, Dish Network, Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks -- accounting for more than 47 million subscribers -- as the distributors that do not have deals in place for FS1 yet even though its launch date is just five days away. All four distributors are in active negotiations for FS1, sources say. (Time Warner Cable handles programming negotiations for Bright House.) When Fox announced the channel earlier this year, it said it planned to launch FS1 into 90 million homes.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2013/08/12/FS1.aspx

If Dish does pull ESPN this makes a move to Uverse for this football season definitely worth looking into

I'm not leaving my Hopper system just for ESPN. If I need to see the football game I'll go the bar or the game itself.

The best thing that could happen is if the diehard sports fans move to DTV and Comcast, and the non-sports fanatics stay with Dish and its lower rates. Save $7 a month with no ESPN. There is so much sports programming without ESPN anyway!!

I still think Charlie will sign with Fox Sports and then use it to threaten ESPN during negotiations.

I'm not leaving my Hopper system just for ESPN. If I need to see the football game I'll go the bar or the game itself.

I definitely give Dish props. Rey and I had this discussion recently. I just can't see myself going to a HR44 and dropping my 2 Hoppers, Ill just be living at Buffalo Wild wings until ESPN comes back...

Well played Dish, well played. As much as Id like to say Id leave over ESPN, the Hopper has me hooked. I'd be willing to give them several weeks, but at some point Id cave.

The best thing that could happen is if the diehard sports fans move to DTV and Comcast, and the non-sports fanatics stay with Dish and its lower rates. Save $7 a month with no ESPN. There is so much sports programming without ESPN anyway!!

I still think Charlie will sign with Fox Sports and then use it to threaten ESPN during negotiations.

As if your rates will go down $7 month if they drop ESPN.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I agree...your bill will remain the same or go up w out espn

I would def think about leaving for the first time ever...but if I had to make a choice I would stick w the hopper and watch espn on the computer. ..its not my flat screen tvs but whatever to get by

My wife and I each have our own Hopper. We love it and it's so damn good. I don't think I would leave right away though. If it came down to it I would have TWC come out and. We could use that since it would be no contract.

This is all speculation though. I bet Dish will get a deal done with Fox and ESPN. I have faith.

I agree...your bill will remain the same or go up w out espn

I would def think about leaving for the first time ever...but if I had to make a choice I would stick w the hopper and watch espn on the computer. ..its not my flat screen tvs but whatever to get by

Now that Dish just announced they are dropping disks from the @home package, I wonder if they will come off the $10 monthly price? :eek:

Now that Dish just announced they are dropping disks from the @home package, I wonder if they will come off the $10 monthly price? :eek:

As mentioned in the Blockbuster Forum, the price was $10 before Blockbuster existed and stayed the same except you got one disc at a time in addition when it came on line. Don't look forward to the non existent.

Oh I know, I thought it was funny in light of all the people that think they will get their $7 back from ESPN. Maybe since Cloo got dropped we can afford FS1?

:deadhorse:

Its in the BB forum area ashutto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)