Fox Sports 1

Oh I know, I thought it was funny in light of all the people that think they will get their $7 back from ESPN. Maybe since Cloo got dropped we can afford FS1?
\.

If DirecTV has ESPN and Dish doesn't, there is no way Dish can charge the same as DTV. It is called competition, and cable tv is very competitive. Too bad people don't understand how our economy works. They may not lower the price $7, but at least $5, and I will accept that because I don't watch it.

My concern is that the proliferation of sports networks will so fragment sports programming that no one can afford to watch all their favorite sports. The Yankees have a channel, the Texas Longhorns have a channel, the Lakers have q channel, the Dodgers have a channel, who knows, the Columbus Clippers probably even have their own channel, and they all want a dollar a month to watch, it's getting out of hand, soon the sports channel glut will collapse of its own weight. Too many channels chasing too few fanatics, with too little real content.

HEY! Where's my curling?

Anytime you saturate a market, some are destined to fail. Everyone is grabbing for some of the pie after ESPN's big push, so it'll just have to shake out.

If DirecTV has ESPN and Dish doesn't, there is no way Dish can charge the same as DTV. It is called competition, and cable tv is very competitive. Too bad people don't understand how our economy works. They may not lower the price $7, but at least $5, and I will accept that because I don't watch it.

You have a lot of faith in people who ride in private jets.

What they'll do is move some psuedo sports channel like Velocity or NBC Sports into the lowest tier and charge you the same as before.

if they aren't less expensive than DirecTV , I will switch the next day. It isn't like the Post Office or Public Schools or some other government bureau. This isn't the Soviet Union . . yet.

As I said... my gut says ESPN is not going anywhere... and with that gut feeling I know a few things that I can't disclose which tell me ESPN / ABC are looking forward to a long future partnered with DISH.

Is it a done deal, signed sealed and delivered? No probably not, but is it almost a done deal... yes I believe so.

As Scott said, I'm not too worried about ESPN/Disney, and as far as FS1 goes, I didn't have the channel before, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it if I don't have it after 8/18.

Well that's encouraging Scott.

I wouldn't leave for Fox Sports 1, I feel they either need to let Dish throw it in the multisport pack for 80 cents more, or let it stay where it's at for the carriage fees that Speed currently commands and prove that it's worth more money over the next year or two.

Something tells me even if Dish drops ESPN rates aren't going to go down much. If they do they'll make it up in fee increases. That's what I heard happened during the so called "freeze". They still had fee increases.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2
Monthly bills will NOT fall. Dish will post that same canned message it always does on those once occupied channels which says "alternate programming is available on channels ( fill in the blank)".
I have always maintained that Charlie will refuse to negotiate, Dish will drop the services ,never to be seen again.
Charlie's people have already run their numbers. They have come up with various scenarios as to subscriber loss should ESPN disappear from Dish's lineup. The result is if the bean counters come up with a solution that Dish can live with the loss of subs, Charlie will go forward and drop ESPN permanently.
I figure Dish will lose 1/3 of its subs. Myself being one of them.

I definitely give Dish props. Rey and I had this discussion recently. I just can't see myself going to a HR44 and dropping my 2 Hoppers, Ill just be living at Buffalo Wild wings until ESPN comes back...

Well played Dish, well played. As much as Id like to say Id leave over ESPN, the Hopper has me hooked. I'd be willing to give them several weeks, but at some point Id cave.
If Dish drops ESPN, it's NOT coming back.

As I said... my gut says ESPN is not going anywhere... and with that gut feeling I know a few things that I can't disclose which tell me ESPN / ABC are looking forward to a long future partnered with DISH.

Is it a done deal, signed sealed and delivered? No probably not, but is it almost a done deal... yes I believe so.

So how high are our bills going up THIS TIME, to secure this deal Scott?

The prices for packages will NOT be lowered. Dish will simply use "fill" channels as the company always does in these disputes and call it a day.

A long future..... are you hinting that Disney is buying Dish :D

i wonder if the sticking point in negotiations with Dish, DirecTV and Time Warner Cable/Bright House Networks isn't the cost of Fox Sports 1 & 2 but them trying to bundle another new channel FXX into the carriage deal. i have a feeling that it might be FXX that's the sticking point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts