Fox Sports 1

dish isn't going to re do the contract under any conditions, and fox knows that. they might as well get hd and get a bigger audience now, DTV has FS2 in HD

The program guide on Dish Anywhere still shows it as Speed Channel with the Speed channel logo. Ditto the Fuel Network still there.

Someone is going to be in deep do-do if this isn't fixed.

And how about moving Fox Sports 2 to channel 151? :excited:

Last edited:
You folks would be surprised how many angry customers are calling in to yell at Dish for getting rid of Speed Channel. They believe that we removed it and added FS1 in that place. Many will threaten to go to DTV or Time Warner, or Comcast, to get their Speed back. I wonder how bad the CSRs are there, and if they're aware that it changed everywhere. I can tell you, plenty of our CSRs are clueless about it, they're passing it on to tech support as "missing channels", which it obviously is not.

You folks would be surprised how many angry customers are calling in to yell at Dish for getting rid of Speed Channel. They believe that we removed it and added FS1 in that place. Many will threaten to go to DTV or Time Warner, or Comcast, to get their Speed back. I wonder how bad the CSRs are there, and if they're aware that it changed everywhere. I can tell you, plenty of our CSRs are clueless about it, they're passing it on to tech support as "missing channels", which it obviously is not.

If they were watching SPEED that much, they should have seen the numerous "SPEED becomes FS1 on August 18" announcements.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well most of the first half of the day IS stuff that would've been on Speed.
This is what I call a "spreadsheet error". Cut and paste last week's schedule and accidentally ship it out as the schedule for the week that would never be.

Maybe they had a backup plan (other than giving up on the price jump) to ditch the transition if nobody bought in. ;)

The sportscenter type show they have sux.I watched about 5 minutes of it this morning,Mike Tyson was the guest,I had to turn it off.

I agree. Boxing was a nice touch though. If they want to really compete they will need to come up with some unique programming like First Take, Mike & Mike, PTI, etc. It is TV so they need some good looking well spoken sports people and don't neglect the female entertainment value. Personally I'll bend over backwards to give them a fighting chance. The success of this new network will benefit all of us sports nuts. It won't be easy though to compete with ESPN's contacts and contracts. The NHL might be an avenue along with Arena Football and local college sports programming. Personalities make up 75% of the success of a talk related show. You must relate to and like the hosts.

It just seems weird,for Gary Payton,Donavan Mcnabb,and Andy Roddick,to be discussing Nascar,MLB,NHL,and the like.I actually loved Mcnabb as the Eagles qb,and really liked Payton,as a SuperSonic but,not so much as sports analysts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)