Fox Sports 1

Don't thank Dish, thank Fox and Rupert Murdoch. They are pumping many millions of dollars into this but Dish refused to give them a penny more or add it to a lower tier package. Next year they have MLB, and they are trying to get NFL Thursday nights as well. That might be hard to get.

Don't thank Dish, thank Fox and Rupert Murdoch. They are pumping many millions of dollars into this but Dish refused to give them a penny more or add it to a lower tier package. Next year they have MLB, and they are trying to get NFL Thursday nights as well. That might be hard to get.

Oh so it's Dish's fault Fox, ESPN, CBS etc.. have all over bid for these packages, :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see if they actually change the names of the channels in the guide, since technically the contract for the channels are for Speed, Fuel and Fox Soccer.

With the fighting FOX is doing with DISH over the Hopper, DISH might not want to bend over and help FOX out on this one.

I also don't see them moving Fox Sports 2 to be near Fox Sports 1 either.

The question is when is this contract up for renewal?

It will be interesting to see if they actually change the names of the channels in the guide, since technically the contract for the channels are for Speed, Fuel and Fox Soccer.

With the fighting FOX is doing with DISH over the Hopper, DISH might not want to bend over and help FOX out on this one.

I Agree with what you said about fox 2 PQ, not good

All I know is I'm watching UFC right now there was huge chance I wouldn't be. So yea I thank Dish for doing whatever they did so I can watch it right now. I get it your not a sports guy. I understand that frustration. I don't think people should have to pay for channels they don't watch but that's just the way it is for now. Trust me I know there are more than 27 channels I don't watch. Lot's more but guess what my friend..... I pay for them. Yes it sucks but what can we do?

As of rght now I can afford it. When and if the day comes I will switch or cut the cord. It's only TV. I enjoy the convenience of our two Hoppers and the ability to watch things without jumping through hoops right now. I don't want to sound like a dick but if it bothers you that much try cutting the cord or doing the switch every two year thing. That is a sure way to save money. I'm not like some on here who seem to demean people for doing the switching thing. That is always another option. So hang in there man maybe someday we won't have to subsidize each others channels. Lets hope. :p

Yes,Yes,Thank you Rupert Murdoch,for rebranding a channel,and asking double for it.

I would think the contract would be fairly soon(no pun intended), 12-18 months. Speed, FUEL and Fox News were not part of the take down in 2010, when Fox pulled FX, NatGeo and FSN off Dish for a month over the contract negotiations.

Don't thank Dish, thank Fox and Rupert Murdoch. They are pumping many millions of dollars into this but Dish refused to give them a penny more or add it to a lower tier package.
Are you crazy? They lost programming in aggregate for these channels. Their FSC lost the EPL, which almost single-handedly made the channel obsolete. They actually have some serious brass ones to be still charging the same for their online content, despite the huge loss of programming and still inconsistent method of transmission.
Next year they have MLB, and they are trying to get NFL Thursday nights as well. That might be hard to get.
Yes.. they'll be trying to shift programming from other channels on to their networks. This isn't anything to get excited about. I'm glad not to be losing FA Cup, Europa League, Champions League Football, but I wasn't going to if Fox didn't decide to rearrange their channels, have less programming, and ask for much more money.

All I know is I'm watching UFC right now there was huge chance I wouldn't be. So yea I thank Dish for doing whatever they did so I can watch it right now. I get it your not a sports guy. I understand that frustration. I don't think people should have to pay for channels they don't watch but that's just the way it is for now. Trust me I know there are more than 27 channels I don't watch. Lot's more but guess what my friend..... I pay for them. Yes it sucks but what can we do?

As of rght now I can afford it. When and if the day comes I will switch or cut the cord. It's only TV. I enjoy the convenience of our two Hoppers and the ability to watch things without jumping through hoops right now. I don't want to sound like a dick but if it bothers you that much try cutting the cord or doing the switch every two year thing. That is a sure way to save money. I'm not like some on here who seem to demean people for doing the switching thing. That is always another option. So hang in there man maybe someday we won't have to subsidize each others channels. Lets hope. :p

Good post. I think sports has to be separated to it's own package(s), but that doesn't mean you have to apologize for wanting and watching sports.

All I know is I'm watching UFC right now there was huge chance I wouldn't be. So yea I thank Dish for doing whatever they did so I can watch it right now. I get it your not a sports guy. I understand that frustration.
No you don't. Fox repackaged existing channels with less programming and asked for a boost in sub fees. That is the problem. You could have pretty much watched any of that previous programming on the channels that were already on Dish, owned and operated by Fox.

I like sports, and didn't want to lose the FA Cup, etc... But why should I be paying more for less programming offered by Fox? I already had access to the FA Cup. Now I'm paying a lot more for it.

I see the bitch fest is still on going... Who said you were paying more? Did the Dish fairy show up last night and take money out of your account for the FS1 launch? Did you get a memo your bill was going up?

:rolleyes:

Anyways, UFC looks great, good job on the PQ. They need to work on that bottom bar though, when ESPN first started that they were taking up 3 "sections" of the bottom of the screen, and only using 2. Fox is taking up two, but only has text in one. Work on it, quit eating my screen up! Bring on college ball too!

Gimme a break.
If they do that, it'll just be more embarrassing Dish shenanigans. I get fighting with Fox over the Hopper, but change the damn name...

No you don't. Fox repackaged existing channels with less programming and asked for a boost in sub fees. That is the problem. You could have pretty much watched any of that previous programming on the channels that were already on Dish, owned and operated by Fox.

I like sports, and didn't want to lose the FA Cup, etc... But why should I be paying more for less programming offered by Fox? I already had access to the FA Cup. Now I'm paying a lot more for it.

The only reason UFC is on that channel tonight is because the launch of the new channel. I think what it comes down to is if and when they raise the price are you willing to pay it. If so their are lots of alternatives. Hell I may say I've had enough someday too.

Am I happy they want to charge double or triple. Not at all but what can I do? Say F it and cancel?? Sure but then I would have to deal with my wife who loves sports too. I get your point though. It's all good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts