fox sports dispute

I think at this point, it is easy to assume not coming back. I’m not saying they are not coming back, but work on the premise that they are not coming back.
I agree, but I think that Dish will wait until January to officially announce that. This way, Dish can string along the NBA fans as long as possible (making them think that Dish is still negotiating to bring the channels back) at least until the end of Dish's fiscal quarter, so that the subscriber losses in the 4th quarter will not look so bad. This is just like what Dish did with HBO, stringing people along until after Game of Thrones.

Reactions: jamesjimcie
I agree, but I think that Dish will wait until January to officially announce that. This way, Dish can string along the NBA fans as long as possible (making them think that Dish is still negotiating to bring the channels back) at least until the end of Dish's fiscal quarter, so that the subscriber losses in the 4th quarter will not look so bad. This is just like what Dish did with HBO, stringing people along until after Game of Thrones.
Sinclair will find a away and take the cubs along for the ride.

I don’t doubt that, however I don’t think it is intentional. I think(with GoT) it was more during the season... and then they made the call and announced after the season. Here, I agree they are likely negotiating, but I understand that if the offers are as far apart as Charlie claims then it’s not exactly intense negotiations.

And that places you in a predicament. As a Dish customer, you’re not a Fox Sports RSN viewer. Like I said, that is not their audience.

I'm just saying that if Direct TV can get them back then Dish can too. I'm a dish customer.

They weren't gone from DirecTV. Sinclair threatened to remove their locals but didn't. Everything kept playing through the negotiations and they made a deal that includes the Sinclair locals and their newly acquired RSN's.

DirecTV is much more dependent on sports than Dish is and really can't afford many sports channel outages.

Who says I'm not. I'm losing two RSN's at this time because of the dispute.
I hear you. I lost three in-market RSN's for my area [Fox Sportstime Ohio (Indians), Fox Sports Ohio (Cavaliers), and Fox Sports Cincinnati (Reds)] plus probably a sports alternate channel if the Cavaliers, Reds, and Blue Jackets all happen to be playing at the same time. Plus, with Multi-Sport, before the dispute I could get Tigers games without any blackouts on Fox Sports Detroit. Add to that the fact that, due to a separate dispute, we temporarily lost Big Ten Network, and sports fans in this area who use Dish are really hurting because of the lack of local sports.

Well it seems Direct TV can get them back: AT&T and Sinclair Come to Terms | TVWeek
That kind of indicates which side may be at fault in this dispute. (Hint: it is the side that is currently in disputes with multiple RSN providers at the same time.)

Anyone have any updates on FSN regional channels coming back? Basketball has started and Fox Sports North is NOT on my Dish right now. Unfortunately I have a $180 buyout right now but decided to pay $45 to Hulu Live for a month to give dish a bit more time. (I dont want to dump them.) But.....I'm about ready to pay the fee and dump them for cable. Looking for updates..

Anyone have any updates on FSN regional channels coming back? Basketball has started and Fox Sports North is NOT on my Dish right now. Unfortunately I have a $180 buyout right now but decided to pay $45 to Hulu Live for a month to give dish a bit more time. (I dont want to dump them.) But.....I'm about ready to pay the fee and dump them for cable. Looking for updates..
Well they dropped the notification of the baseball RSN's and just show hockey and others. I guess when baseball season comes around they'll put them back up if they're still being disputed or still there.

Dish NEEDS to keep the regional sports Flex Pack add-on intact, and hopefully expand it to all packages.

Going to be hard to pull off when it seems no one else is going to try. This would have been a great time for Directv to make a move to get the RSN's in a separate package. Imagine if neither DISH or Directv were carrying them during disputes. But alas not to be.

I’m doing the same thing right now. Only I’ve paused my account. If it doesn’t come back I’ll be dumping them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)