Status
Please reply by conversation.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
I got a hotel in Manitowoc Wisconsin (zip 54220) and Directv says the regional sports network is Fox Sports north on channel 668.

The hotel wants the sports teams from Wisconsin but are getting the teams from Minnesota.

They say they want to get fox sports Wisconsin.

I go in the list of channels and FSN Wisconsin is listed as an alternative sub channel of FSN north which I think is 668-3

Is anyone familiar with the regional sports situation in Wisconsin?

Is fox sports Wisconsin part of Fox Sports north?

The problem you are going to have setting that up is FSN Wisconsin is only activated during games. They are part of FSN north, but just slap a FSN Wisconsin label on it during games.
I don't live in that part of the country. This is just my observations as a sportspack sub and MLBEI sub. The Directv website says that zip should get Bucks, Brewers, and Wild.

Here's the screen shot of the Directv Regional Sports Channel Lookup

FSS_54220.png

Attachments

• FSS_54220.png
    FSS_54220.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 557
The problem you are going to have setting that up is FSN Wisconsin is only activated during games. They are part of FSN north, but just slap a FSN Wisconsin label on it during games.
I don't live in that part of the country. This is just my observations as a sportspack sub and MLBEI sub. The Directv website says that zip should get Bucks, Brewers, and Wild.

Not entirely true - FS Wisconsin has a lot of non-game content on the SD channel that you can't see if you hide SD duplicates. There isn't any scheduled now, but it just kinda appears. The games are always on the HD feed that everyone sees though.

Same for FS Oklahoma.

Here's an example tomorrow on FS Oklahoma. The HD feed is "upcoming" but there is stuff on the SD feed of 676-5. FS Wisconsin does the same thing.

I got a hotel in Manitowoc Wisconsin (zip 54220) and Directv says the regional sports network is Fox Sports north on channel 668.

The hotel wants the sports teams from Wisconsin but are getting the teams from Minnesota.

They say they want to get fox sports Wisconsin.

I go in the list of channels and FSN Wisconsin is listed as an alternative sub channel of FSN north which I think is 668-3

Is anyone familiar with the regional sports situation in Wisconsin?

Is fox sports Wisconsin part of Fox Sports north?

Yes, they are part of FS North, but see my above posts. The "main feed" of FSWis is 668-1, with overflow on 668-3. I am sure Iceberg knows more about the boundaries but they should be getting Wisconsin teams on 668-1 and -3 as others have noted.

With 668 and 668-1, they will get most of the games they need. Some of the pro teams occasionally appear on 668-3.

So basically I should show the FSN north channel and the FSN Wisconsin sub channel ?
Correct.

FSN Wisconsin is not a full time channel. That is the reason for this confusion. FSN Wisconsin is only active for Brewers, Bucks, and some other local college games. There are other channels like this across the country that are part time sports channels. FSN Indiana is part of FSN Midwest and FSN Tennessee is part of Fox Sports South, for example. You'll notice you do get the Wild hockey games even though you are in Wisconsin since there is not a Milwaukee team. I "think" they black out the Twins and Twolves games on FSN North since you already have a local market team and they don't want competition.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/functionalPageIF.jsp?assetId=cms_sports_lookup

It makes little sense for a satellite provider to waste the bandwidth to throw up two channels with programming that is 85% similar, even if it is easier for you and me to find.

Correct.

FSN Wisconsin is not a full time channel. That is the reason for this confusion. FSN Wisconsin is only active for Brewers, Bucks, and some other local college games. There are other channels like this across the country that are part time sports channels. FSN Indiana is part of FSN Midwest and FSN Tennessee is part of Fox Sports South, for example. You'll notice you do get the Wild hockey games even though you are in Wisconsin since there is not a Milwaukee team. I "think" they black out the Twins and Twolves games on FSN North since you already have a local market team and they don't want competition.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/functionalPageIF.jsp?assetId=cms_sports_lookup

It makes little sense for a satellite provider to waste the bandwidth to throw up two channels with programming that is 85% similar, even if it is easier for you and me to find.

Like I said before, while not a full time channel, FS Wisconsin is more than just the games listed. There is additional programming on FS Wisconsin SD that you can't see if you hide SD channels.

Correct.

This happens often with FS Wisconsin and FS Oklahoma.

Attachments

• 1466186740873.jpg
    1466186740873.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 270
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts