Fox Sports Pittsburgh In HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greaser00

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Is Fox Sports Pittsburgh going to be in HD? I see that Dish is currently offering it.

I watch Fox Sports Pittsburgh all the time for the sports talk and news because I'm a Steeler fan. Unless you live in the Pittsburgh market all sporting events are blacked out. This is true of all of the FSNs across the country.

FSN Steelers Programming

Due to NFL Network coverage restrictions, some of FSN Pittsburgh’s Steelers programming – specifically, live coverage of our Steelers Preseason Games, The Mike Tomlin Press Conference (Tuesdays at 12:00pm), and The Mike Tomlin Show (Thursdays at 6:00pm) – are blacked out in our viewing areas outside the Steelers NFL-designated Home Television Territory. We apologize for the inconvenience, but this is an NFL issued restriction.

For the latest Steelers news on FSN, don’t miss The Mike Tomlin Press Conference highlights every Tuesday at 6:30pm., Savran on SportsBeat weeknights at 6:30pm and FSN Live at 10:00pm.

I wrote to the Post Gazette's TV writer about this last week.

TV Q&A with Rob Owen

Rob: According to a FSN-Pittsburgh spokeswoman, "DirecTV is working to add satellite capacity for more HD channels. They plan to add a number of HD channels this September and then again in mid-2008, at which time they plan to offer local HD games produced by FSN Pittsburgh to their customers."

At least they do repeat the coaches press conference on the Savran on Sports show. They will never show us the games because NFLN has the preseason and the networks the regular season and they are exclusive. I'm just glad I can see all of the preseason games even if some of them are a day or so late. A few years ago we couldn't see them at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts