Fox Sues Dish Over Ad-Skipping Auto Hop

I don't totally disregard that commercials certainly help to pay the bills. It's the archaic thinking that it's the 50's and we will sit in front of the TV to watch every last one of them. It's like most anything, make it interesting, something people talk about and it will get watched. Some will skip no matter what, but I suspect there are many who do want to see the better commercials and will continue to do so. I happen to like some commercials when well done, but there are times I just want to skip over them.
If the Networks make the adjustments with technology they will find it works better than trying to fight it.
How about less breaks and a little larger block of time for a commercial. (Somewhat like some of Europe does it) But then instead of or in addition to the clever commercials, the company actually demonstrated their product. Show what it can do instead of just telling us. Make it live, so anything can happen. Want to bet more people will watch?
That's just one idea, there are so many things they can do to make it compelling for us to watch rather than think they can force us.

Last edited:
The Networks have had it pretty much their way since the beginning, does anyone really thing they are going to go quietly? Unfortunately the customer will be the recipient of their wrath ultimately, Dish will go on, the Networks will go on, the subscribers will pay....as usual. It's impossible for me to believe that Auto Hop was not meticulously vetted through DishTV legal before the launch, and this false sense of surprise the networks are spewing is insulting. The fix is in, expect to pay more next time around...:coffee

The Networks have had it pretty much their way since the beginning, does anyone really thing they are going to go quietly? Unfortunately the customer will be the recipient of their wrath ultimately, Dish will go on, the Networks will go on, the subscribers will pay....as usual. It's impossible for me to believe that Auto Hop was not meticulously vetted through DishTV legal before the launch, and this false sense of surprise the networks are spewing is insulting. The fix is in, expect to pay more next time around...:coffee

I believe that Charlie told the networks about PTA they were happy because they could charge more for their commercials because of PTA it would show an increase of viewership.Then when they were told about AutoHop they knew the price that they charge for their commercials would go down because the advertisers can say look we need a cheaper price,because there are xxxx amount of customers that are not even seeing our commercials,their AutoHopping them!.;):D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts