Fox Sues Dish Over Ad-Skipping Auto Hop

Dish needs to push "AutoHop" to the 722/K and 922 receivers for a week as a "trial".

I am sure Hopper setups will increase ;)

Or ... offer AutoHop for a fee of $5 per month on 722/K and 922 receivers.

That is something I might pay for.

I believe DISH should leave PTAT and AutoHop with the Hopper(that's the receiver they were made for).If you want those features,then you need to get the Hawper!.;):D

P.S. I don't need these features on my VIP922/wMT2 it works fine without it.:)

I really think they named the Hopper way back with the commercial skipping feature already in mind/tested.

They should of named the Hopper :" Skipper" instead, since you can skip commercials on networks using auto hop.;)
And the Joey should have been named "Gilligan".

(BTW, notice how I wrote should have? That, or should've, are the correct ways to say/write it. There is no such word combination "should of" in the English language.)

And the Joey should have been named "Gilligan".

(BTW, notice how I wrote should have? That, or should've, are the correct ways to say/write it. There is no such word combination "should of" in the English language.)

I bet people would of remembered the Skipper and Gilligan better than Hopper and Joey. Oh and thanks for the English lesson.;)

Looks like th Fox Lawsuit has Flopped.
Scott, I'm afraid you're wearing your Dish-colored glasses here....
Dish's filing that suit was one of the smartest things they have done in a long time.
As mike said, this is NOTHING more than a case of who filed first. You can't have two different courts trying the same case, just filed by the opposite parties, at the same time. Tomorrow, the NY judge could rule that Dish's case has no merit and throw it out.

Mind you though, I hope Dish wins. I'm afraid there will be consequences, but I plan to enjoy this feature while it lasts. Still waiting for the OTA option myself.

Scott, I'm afraid you're wearing your Dish-colored glasses here.... As mike said, this is NOTHING more than a case of who filed first. You can't have two different courts trying the same case, just filed by the opposite parties, at the same time. Tomorrow, the NY judge could rule that Dish's case has no merit and throw it out.

Mind you though, I hope Dish wins. I'm afraid there will be consequences, but I plan to enjoy this feature while it lasts. Still waiting for the OTA option myself.

Uh, Hall, you are way underestimating the benefits of forum shopping. Dish filed FIRST - and that put it in the Court they wanted it in. And it makes them the plaintiff and NOT the defendant. They get to initially play offense, and not defense.

Its true that Scott is wrong, in that nothing has flopped; but as far as strategy goes, this was a very very good move on the part of Dish.

scott is right. just mis-timed. it flopped the minute it was filed. all we are doing is watching it flail about. one thing for sure, Dish is loving the free advertisement.

tedb3rd said:
"How does Charlie Ergen expect us to produce CSI without advertisements?" Moonves asked in a conversation with reporters Wednesday, referring to Dish Network's Chairman and the popular CBS show.

From the revenue that Dish pays you to broadcast, idiot!

Read more: Fox No Longer Accepting Dish Network Ads Mentioning 'Hopper' | Fox Business

Actually I was thinking Moonves might use some of that 60 million in compensation he was paid last year.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts