Fox Sues Dish Over Ad-Skipping Auto Hop

It seems to me if DISH continues on this course of AutoHop then watch for the networks to go completely to product placement in their programs,and when that happens AutoHop won't work and neither will Fast Forwarding through a program to bypass commercials.

It seems to me if DISH continues on this course of AutoHop then watch for the networks to go completely to product placement in their programs,and when that happens AutoHop won't work and neither will Fast Forwarding through a program to bypass commercials.

As if they are not doing that already?

The thing is that all these pop up ads and banners seem to be promoting other shows on the network. Seems like the networks know the commercials are being skipped anyways, and making sure their own messages get priority.

During a roast this weekend the name TOSH 2.0 faded in and out as large as the entire screen and then a bug advertisement for his show played.

The future of advertising will be more and more intrusion as traditional means are devalued.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bloomberg Radio just did a big interview with the cajuna of the Consumer Electronics Ass and the man says it all goes back to Betamax and Dish is going to win this fight.

Even if Dish wins, Dish customers will ultimately lose. Retransmission fees will just get raised higher for any provider that eliminates all the advertising. Broadcast networks have little choice since someone is going after their main source of income.

Dish was obviously expecting this. Probably even when they started programming the feature many months ago.

Should be an interesting fight since I personally don't think it's clear who's in the right legally.

"free, over-the-air" Yes only if you are getting the locals over the air. But not free through Dish. Like someone else said, theres no difference in the customer skipping the commercials which I do on every recording anyway.

Dish needs to push "AutoHop" to the 722/K and 922 receivers for a week as a "trial".

I am sure Hopper setups will increase ;)

Or ... offer AutoHop for a fee of $5 per month on 722/K and 922 receivers.

That is something I might pay for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)