Free 3 Months DirecTV HD Extra Pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaj1701

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Rochester, MN DMA #153
I just had my service activated today. When I signed in and went to......

DIRECTV: Premium TV Channels

...there was an offer for three months of HD Extra Pack for free. Just clicked the offer and activated it. Now I have 3 months of HD Extra Pack!

.....might as well check and see if you got it too.

ps. Hey Veterans, I was wondering, is this stuff worth posting? Do MOST existing customers see the same offers or is the a big YMMV??

I signed up in May and I got that offer too. I plan on keeping it because of Smithsonian and Universal HD. I watch too many HD reruns of Becker to get rid of it.

I just had my service activated today. When I signed in and went to......

DIRECTV: Premium TV Channels

...there was an offer for three months of HD Extra Pack for free. Just clicked the offer and activated it. Now I have 3 months of HD Extra Pack!

.....might as well check and see if you got it too.

ps. Hey Veterans, I was wondering, is this stuff worth posting? Do MOST existing customers see the same offers or is the a big YMMV??

Nothing new been around year + which is if your never had hd extra pack you can get it free for 3 months.

Yeap. Got it when I signed up. Can't go without HDNet Movies. Now D* needs to get Epix to add to the package.

S~

I signed up in May and I got that offer too. I plan on keeping it because of Smithsonian and Universal HD. I watch too many HD reruns of Becker to get rid of it.

Same offer in May when I signed up. well i seen it on my online account so i went ahead and added it

Nothing new been around year + which is if your never had hd extra pack you can get it free for 3 months.

Yeap. Got it when I signed up. Can't go without HDNet Movies. Now D* needs to get Epix to add to the package.

S~

So, I shouldn't feel special?

I also saw a rate of $10/mo for SPORTS PACK? Is that a usual thing too? I was planning on signing up for it for the college hockey season. I know customers have been thrown that for free sometimes.....but I don't think my 11 1/2 hours as a customer qualifies me! :) In other words, should I take advantage or might I see something better before October? Also, it didn't say for how long that rate for good for. Do YOU know?

Is there any other "deals" that I should be seeing or seeing soon as a new customer? 6 free months of NFL Sunday Ticket?

Also, I was wanted to view my bill online! :) Should I just say "yes" online to changing to paperless bill, or should I be receiving some type of promotional credit for doing so that other companies do....like a $5 credit or something?

So, I shouldn't feel special?

I also saw a rate of $10/mo for SPORTS PACK? Is that a usual thing too? I was planning on signing up for it for the college hockey season. I know customers have been thrown that for free sometimes.....but I don't think my 11 1/2 hours as a customer qualifies me! :) In other words, should I take advantage or might I see something better before October? Also, it didn't say for how long that rate for good for. Do YOU know?

Is there any other "deals" that I should be seeing or seeing soon as a new customer? 6 free months of NFL Sunday Ticket?

Also, I was wanted to view my bill online! :) Should I just say "yes" online to changing to paperless bill, or should I be receiving some type of promotional credit for doing so that other companies do....like a $5 credit or something?

Your porbably not getting a call for 6 months free premier ... no offense you abused the system enough.

If you say yes to online billing you get a one time credit of 20 dollars if your account is under 90 days old ... if it over 90 s old it a ont imte credit of 5 dollars.

I signed up for it too, but what is the monthly cost after 90 days? It doesn't say on their website.

Your porbably not getting a call for 6 months free premier ... no offense you abused the system enough.

If you say yes to online billing you get a one time credit of 20 dollars if your account is under 90 days old ... if it over 90 s old it a ont imte credit of 5 dollars.

1. I was completely kidding about the free 6 months of Sunday Ticket (or 6mos. Premier as you mentioned). I'm very grateful and thankful for the deals I was able to take advantage of. Not to say I won't turn down offers they give me.

2. I was offered the ole' 2 for 1 on HBO and Cinemax. :)

3. I purposefully didn't switch to online billing because it didn't say a thing about the credit. If it would have, I would have switched. That's very good to know!

My tech was wonderful....been too exhausted to post about it and the lessons learned.

Thanks!

I have had this FREE off and on for a long time. When I first activated it I watched those channels just a little, when the 3 months was up I deleted it. Next time I called in for something CSR said hey you can get this free for 3 months and I say sure and after 3mos I delete it again. So long story short is I have had this free for the better part of 18-24mos.

I think the second the CSR see's you don't have it they offer it to you.

Same here. I sign up for it, drop the service after close to 3 months, check my account in about a month, and find I am eligible for another 3 months free. Been doing this for 2 years now.

I have had this FREE off and on for a long time. When I first activated it I watched those channels just a little, when the 3 months was up I deleted it. Next time I called in for something CSR said hey you can get this free for 3 months and I say sure and after 3mos I delete it again. So long story short is I have had this free for the better part of 18-24mos.

I think the second the CSR see's you don't have it they offer it to you.

Same here. I sign up for it, drop the service after close to 3 months, check my account in about a month, and find I am eligible for another 3 months free. Been doing this for 2 years now.

does the free HD for life include the HD extra pack as well?

That's awesome since I really like having it, but wouldn't pay $5/mo the way the package is now. Looks like I'll be doing the same thing! :)

Dogs....no, you must pay $5 extra for the extra pack if not under a free promo. I think the days of charging extra for a premium HD pack needs to end too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)