Free 6 Months of VOOM

I was contacted by a PR company saying they wanted to come out and photograph my HT and see how I use Voom. After 2 days of phone tag, she finally got ahold of me and said this project has been put on hold by the Promotion company. I wonder what that means? I hope it's not $$ problems with Voom.

DarrellP said:
I wonder what that means?
Perhaps, it's a nice way of saying "we have found someone else"... :)

No, I hope that's not the case ;) Let us know what happens!

I got contacted they are coming tomorrow

I sent L Parker email and they called my next day , today 10 minutes ago i had a phone call from Georgia number and spoke to a gentleman. He asked me a few questions and inquired when i would be free to take some preliminary photographs of my set up. I set up Friday and they are coming to photograph my set up in the afternoon. They said she will contact me next week , I hope i get picked to do the informercial. They want to know how i use HD and especially voom. I love Voom and would love to be in their informerical. Vooming happily in Santa MOnica , California.

Don't get your hopes up, they will probably call you next week to tell you it's been put on hold. They told me they were coming out to photograph as well and a lady named Laurie from the Promotion agency called me and said it's on hold for now.

I got specific time i hope they come

Darryl i hope you are wrong, cause you are usually rite. However, he asked me what time was convenient for me and i said 12.15 pm. It sounded pretty official and he said he would be bringing his camera with him. I hope it comes together , i just spent an hour cleaning up my home theatre room. I will post tomorrow if it happens.

It happened i was photographed

Sure enough 12:00 i got a call on my cell and i think Robert was his name i forget, a freelance photographer , said he was a little late he would be there shortly. He showed up promptly at 12:30 and after introductions he wanted to see my set up. He proceeded to take pictures of my entire room especially my hi def set up, my amp, various sat receivers, and my Mitsubish 65 inch diamond.
He then took a picture of me and said that next week they would be in touch , i am assuming Leslie . He said if picked we would all be doing a shoot at one location. So i am crossing my fingers and staying tuned. They only want a basic shot of set up and subscriber and i think they will weed out the candidates.

Well I had the interview and we did the video shoot, it was real. They interviewed me and my family. They had were total pros. They said it will be on at the end of this month or early next. Voom rocks and I hope they stay around.

I had my interview today too. So if you see the long haired kid in the blue shirt from Chicago, that's me.

And just for you, Vurbano, I told them on camera how much I loved Moov ;)

Crap, they never called me back, they must have read how much I complain about PQ on these boards.

ya i went and interviewed last week in los angeles. Can't say they were 100% professional, since they were 2+ hours behind schedule, but not that big of a deal. Got my 6 months service, now lets see how long it takes to go into effect.

DarrellP said:
I guess they were blowing smoke up my ass about the project being put on hold.

Actually D, I think they saw your photo and got scared off... DOH :D lol, sorry, you opened yourself up for that one...

Bilodeaumj said:
Actually D, I think they saw your photo and got scared off... DOH :D lol, sorry, you opened yourself up for that one...
I think they saw my avatar and got scared, thinking "sh*t, this guy can probably see all the flaws in our bitrate reduced picture, we don't want his testimonial". :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts