FREE 9 ft. Spun Aluminum Antenna & Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

w4uvv

Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Virginia
For the past 25+ years I have done commercial & private C & Ku band installs/maintenance and teleconference downlinking. I had to have the latest state of the art system components for teleconference downlinking jobs. In the early 90s I contracted with American Metal Spinning Co. to custom make me a 9 ft. spun aluminum parabolic reflector (antenna) at a cost of $1,200. I trailer mounted the antenna and subsequently used it at various mid-Atlantic teleconference venue downlink locations. It worked great! Earlier generations of satellite’s downloading signals used lower EIRP (i.e. weaker signals) and I had to have noise free plus signals at every downlink program event.

The antenna’s performance was outstanding. It is a prime focus feed .375 FD with adjustable declination offset. On C Band it is approximately 65% and Ku Band 75% efficient and has the performance of an efficient 10 ft. spun aluminum antenna. It requires a 4 in. OD Schedule 40 mast pipe for ground mounting. A medium duty actuator is recommended. The reflector is not twisted or warped. The antenna works great on AOR arc C and Ku band FTA signals and of course also on the US arc. NSS7 FTA signals were received noise free. Today all my teleconference downlinks are Ku Band FTA or encrypted with strong downlink signals allowing me to use a portable 1.2 meter offset antenna system. For home AOR and US arc reception I have other antenna systems.

The 9 ft. spun aluminum antenna with polar mount is not being used and I will give it FREE to the first individual who contacts me and picks it up at my Prince George, VA location near Petersburg, VA a few miles from where I95 & I295 intersect.

The antenna was a working antenna and has a few “ding” marks but they do not significantly impact on its performance. One present on the lip edge is outside the feed’s illumination area and serves the purpose only of rejecting any earth noise from the rear of the antenna. If you seriously want the antenna and mount it email me at w4uvv@comcast.net and provide your contact info (name, location, phone number). I can send some pictures. The earliest received email by date/time has the first opportunity to get it.

My ham radio callsign W4UVV is good on www.qrz.com.

John
W4UVV
:)[/B][/B]

John, thanks for posting the offer of the nice dish.
I see you've been with us on the forum for a long time, but not had much to say.
Appreciate you breaking your silence. ;)

We'll try to find someone for you who will appreciate your dish.
Feel free to post some pictures of it here.

btw, I'm a WA6... from around the 1970's, myself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)