Free Birdview in Montana

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coisado

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
Just found this on craigslist. I wish i could go get it but.......sigh
I hope there is someone in the forum that can snag it. It would be a shame to see it get scrapped.

hxxp://montana.craigslist.org/zip/1449082881.html

3k43p93o55Od5Pa5R49b2eade35cae50f1e61.jpg

Birdview 9-1/2' Satellite Dish Model AP-2029 with components. Toshiba Videocipher II receiver model TRX-100, 125' cable.

Nice find.. who gonna get it?

Does the reflector come apart into halves or quarters on that model? The photo is not clear.

They don't come apart, it's one piece.

This one may be a rare bird, my 8.5' perf is a Model 2028, both my 8.5' solids are also Model 2028s (the Spoon is a Model 2027).

They are calling this one a Model 2029 and 9 1/2 feet. :cool:

Somebody needs to get it...yesterday! :eek:

let's get this !

If indeed this is a rare 9½' Birdview, it might be the first one we've documented for sure.
Of course, if nobody gets it, then we'll never know.

If it encourages one of our guys, I am back to working on a magnet wheel mod for the BV's.
Currently in alpha test, soon to go to beta test.
I have just gotten in a shipment of special material, several hundred magnets, and a number of reed switches.

They don't come apart, it's one piece.

This one may be a rare bird, my 8.5' perf is a Model 2028, both my 8.5' solids are also Model 2028s (the Spoon is a Model 2027).

They are calling this one a Model 2029 and 9 1/2 feet. :cool:

Somebody needs to get it...yesterday! :eek:

Personally I think it's one of the best looking dishes ever made. How thick is the reflector material? The dish looks durable -- and slightly sinister.

I want one!

The dish isn't like an expanded metal mesh dish, it's a one-piece, perforated dish.
I think someone on here said it was the same as a BV solid only with holes punched in it... :D
If if was anywhere close to me, I'd have already picked it up...

Yes, the BV "perfs" are exactly like the solids, but "with holes" in terms of their construction. The solids were called "spun" aluminum. Very solid, built to last a long time! Can't remember however if the rolled outer edge is a bit different. Sold these back when 2 degree spacing was a new "issue" and ku-band was young in terms of consumer use. Good for C and Ku. We sold more of the perfs in mid-Michigan only because they looked better to most housewives and property owners.

BV's are always a good bet!

Hey Radio,
You know where any are there in MI that could be taken for a song?
My wife's folks live near Clare and we are up there once or twice a year... If I could plan ahead and time it right... :D

Hey Radio,
You know where any are there in MI that could be taken for a song?
My wife's folks live near Clare and we are up there once or twice a year... If I could plan ahead and time it right... :D

Man, I hope that can work out for you.

Birdview owners rock! Birdview perf and spoon owners especially! :D

Well... we were told there were a couple here just north of Memphis... Spiffwilkie or I will have to take a drive up to Nutbush soon to see what we can find...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)