FREE Center Ice due to Versus contract Dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DodgerKing thanks for the price update I wasn't sure..

I am not comparing it to going to a game 98% of the time. I only watch My favorite teams except for football. So I am paying alot of Money to see my team. I don't need to see Redwings play the Blues Dodgers play the Giants etc...

At one time I was able to watch my team by antenna and the paying for prism, then I moved I still thank the Satellite Gods for all of these sports package or I would not be able to view them.
But come on can't any of the package people come up with better deals and be creative

Well I just called and they gave it to me for free and I have never had Center Ice. I called in and on the automated system said cancel service then told the rep that the only time I watched Versus was for Hockey which is true, and he then offered it to me without me asking.

Beats me, didn't even have to ask for it, they offered it to me. Were you talking to retention? You have to get them.

DodgerKing thanks for the price update I wasn't sure..

I am not comparing it to going to a game 98% of the time. I only watch My favorite teams except for football. So I am paying alot of Money to see my team. I don't need to see Redwings play the Blues Dodgers play the Giants etc...

At one time I was able to watch my team by antenna and the paying for prism, then I moved I still thank the Satellite Gods for all of these sports package or I would not be able to view them.
But come on can't any of the package people come up with better deals and be creative

They have been very creative already .... prices use to start in the 2 digit numbers, now they all start in the 3 digit numbers .... prices just keep going UP.
Once they realized that people wanted the package, it made little sense not to get as much as they could for them.

I called in today to complain about a pixelation issue with Sunday Ticket, and mentioned that I was not real happy about the Versus issue. He asked if I knew about Center Ice, I told him yes, but could not afford it right now, so he offered it up for free for the season. I did not ask, but it was given. Nice of them to do it. I am not a HUGE hockey fan, but I will enjoy it while I have it.

I tried that a couple week ago, and couldn't get any kind of sympathy or support. The lady was very rude, after I complained about the loss of Versus. So I canceled my Directv service, and went with Dish Network, and have versus free till November. So far the HD Quality is better on Dish for all channels, especially on Versus.

sounds like a bad CR. sundude90
but if you are a NFL fan they have you by the ___.
did you try to call back and get a better CR ?
i would have and have in the past.

I tried that a couple week ago, and couldn't get any kind of sympathy or support. The lady was very rude, after I complained about the loss of Versus. So I canceled my Directv service, and went with Dish Network, and have versus free till November. So far the HD Quality is better on Dish for all channels, especially on Versus.

How is the Picture Quality on the YES Network?:D

Your eyes are deceiving you on PQ. No way Dish has better PQ. They downrez all of their channels and overload their transponders. Had both, DirecTV has better HD pq.

Woah, instead of giving me $50 credit off , they ADDED $50 to my bill, just got it today. step dad's on the phone with them now. did this happen to anyone else?

updated: all sorted out now, they took taht 50 off and credit me the 50 i was supposed to get in the first place next month

Last edited:
Your eyes are deceiving you on PQ. No way Dish has better PQ. They downrez all of their channels and overload their transponders. Had both, DirecTV has better HD pq.

i would give DTV a little edge.
but being a FTA guy when you can get a feed it blows them both far away.
on a hard drive for 3 hours
dtv dish 7-10 gig 7-12 Mbps
OTA 17-20 gig 14-20 Mbps
feed on sat 20-50> 28-45 Mbps

just called directv and asked about the status of versus. csr stated they are still working on it. He immediately offered to add nhl center ice for free for the entire season. i have never had center ice before. just checked and yes there was a full charge and full credit for center ice on my account.

This worked for me, too, following your instructions basically to a tee. Big thanks as I will be in hockey heaven for the next 7 mos. My only addendum to your advice is that I was first given the run-around by the cs rep but I requested a supervisor and she offered the free Center Ice for the season. I'd switched from Dish in Feb specifically because I'd wanted VS channel, which Dish didn't offer at the time. (Ironically it now does offer VS while, as we all know, DTV does not.) Anyway, I'm a bit stunned that DTV responded as they did and they certainly now get high marks from me. Lastly, GO RANGERS!

I'm guessing that Comcast is using D* as a baromator for VS contracts elsewhere.
As the other contracts come up to expire they will expect the same from all of them and it will become common for VS to drop off until contracts with Comcast and raises for them are accepted.

When the contract for VS with DISH is up, it will be the same thing all over again.

I'm guessing that Comcast is using D* as a baromator for VS contracts elsewhere.
As the other contracts come up to expire they will expect the same from all of them and it will become common for VS to drop off until contracts with Comcast and raises for them are accepted.
Again, this isn't about a rate increase.

As for the rate increases DirecTV says are at the heart of this dispute, there is a "zero total dollar increase" on the table from Versus. In other words, if subscriptions continue to grow, the amount of money DirecTV will pay Versus will not. According to the network, this proposal was presented in the negotiation several days ago and DirecTV hasn't responded to it -- despite continuing to claim in recent media reports that Versus is trying to "jack up our rates."
Source: Versus disputes DirecTV accusations; agreement looks unlikely - Puck Daddy - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

This is about DirecTV working to eliminate a channel from their base programming packages, plain and simple.

We offered to keep it in Choice Xtra at the current cost, while neogating VS told us to go blow off.

Why wouldnt vs accept that deal, until one would be worked out if it was only about a move to the sports pack.

Because it about more then just the sports pack and more then just about money.

Its both. I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. Between unreasonable rate increase and dtv wanting it moved to a different package.

So both sides are just as quilty in this whole mess.

I feel DTV is getting screwed by Comcast. Hope Directv plays hardball back and they not only get Versus they also get Comcast Philly out of the deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)