free Cinemax for 30 days

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got mine!! Just had a few minute chat with dish and it's all good. they asked where did I hear about the promotion. I said a little birdie told me LOL

I just got this on the chat, too, no problem. Very helpful CSR although they told me I needed to call back at the end of 30 days to have it canceled.

Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
Wilson (ID: V67): Hi Frank.
Frank : hi
Wilson (ID: V67): How may I help you today?
Frank : i understand there is currently a promo for free cinimax for 30 days and that it auto cancels at the end of those 30 days. i'd like to get that, please.
Wilson (ID: V67): I will be happy to assist you with your request.
Wilson (ID: V67): As you have been a wonderful customer of Dish Network, I would like to offer you Cinemax free for 30 days.
Wilson (ID: V67): Frank, I have added the Cinemax free for 30 days on your account.
Wilson (ID: V67): Is there anything else I may assist you with?
Frank : it will auto-cancel at the end of 30 days, correct? i don't need to call back and it' won't auto-renew?
Wilson (ID: V67): Frank, you need to call us to cancel it
Frank : thx and have a good day!

I just received this confirmation email and it says Cinimax will be removed automatically, so I guess the CSR was wrong:

This programming will be automatically removed from your account after 30 days. If you would like to continue enjoying Cinemax beyond the promotional period, please go to dish.com/myprogramming and subscribe at the monthly rate.

I just received this confirmation email and it says Cinimax will be removed automatically, so I guess the CSR was wrong:

This programming will be automatically removed from your account after 30 days. If you would like to continue enjoying Cinemax beyond the promotional period, please go to dish.com/myprogramming and subscribe at the monthly rate.

What CSR was wrong?

Wow! I hadn't notice this thread till right now. I got on Dish Chat and got my 30 days of Cinemax...No hassles...not even about me not being the "true" owner of the account. (For those who don't know, a buddy of mine secured the equipment for me because I don't have a real credit card, just a debit card. Dish won't take a debit card for that, but they have no problem billing my debit account monthly.)
Also I was told: Ghpr13: Thank you. I just need to know will this offer self cancel at the end of the 30 trial?
Xavier (ID: LDH): Yes.
Xavier (ID: LDH): That will be drooped from the account after 30 days.
Pretty cool! Thanks all for the info!

Ghpr13:)

I was just told via phone support that it will not auto cancel at the end of the 30 days, and the rep would not budge on that, he said I would be required to call and cancel. I may try calling one more time for a different outcome, but after my "free HBO" fiasco that took me 3 months and multiple calls to sort out I vowed I would never take another free premium offer again, so I told him no thank you. The only reason I am even trying for this one is the auto cancel seems pretty painless.....assuming it works ;)

I was just told via phone support that it will not auto cancel at the end of the 30 days, and the rep would not budge on that, he said I would be required to call and cancel. I may try calling one more time for a different outcome, but after my "free HBO" fiasco that took me 3 months and multiple calls to sort out I vowed I would never take another free premium offer again, so I told him no thank you. The only reason I am even trying for this one is the auto cancel seems pretty painless.....assuming it works ;)

The offer in the link (http://www.dishnetwork.com/redirects/promotion/cinemaxfreetrial/default.aspx) ( Offer valid through 5/17/11 and subject to change without notice. Requires qualifying programming of DISH America or higher. You must call or go online to continue subscription at the end of your Cinemax 30 Day Free Trial.)clearly states that you will have to call to keep cinemax subbed.Print it or save it somehow. The csr that says that you will have to cancel is mistaken.

Also FYI today is the last day you can get the offer.

Tried again and got a very helpful customer service rep (thanks "Peggy") that confirmed the deal as stated, free for 30 days w/ auto cancels. Start to finish the call probably took less than 2 minutes. First free Starz for a year and now free Cmax. for 30 days....not bad, not bad at all.

After I got off chat I received an email confirming the 30 days of free Cinemax and stating that the promo will end on it's own.
Ghpr13:)

The offer in the link (DISH Network - Cinemax - Free Trial) ( Offer valid through 5/17/11 and subject to change without notice. Requires qualifying programming of DISH America or higher. You must call or go online to continue subscription at the end of your Cinemax 30 Day Free Trial.)clearly states that you will have to call to keep cinemax subbed.Print it or save it somehow. The csr that says that you will have to cancel is mistaken.

Also FYI today is the last day you can get the offer.

Just checked the link above. Yesterday it said this offer expired on 5/17/11. Now it says "Offer valid through 1/31/12 and subject to change without notice."

Go figure.

Just checked the link above. Yesterday it said this offer expired on 5/17/11. Now it says "Offer valid through 1/31/12 and subject to change without notice."

Go figure.

lol ya never can tell with dish.glad they extended it though.

I wonder if that means you can keep calling in to add it back (after your 30 days is up) until 1/31/12?? Or is this just a one time thing, and that's just the date window for getting your 30 day freebee?

Cheers

I wonder if that means you can keep calling in to add it back (after your 30 days is up) until 1/31/12?? Or is this just a one time thing, and that's just the date window for getting your 30 day freebee?

Cheers

Its just a one time thing..Once you activate and redeem it then your account is marked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)