Free Dbs still planning their network per new update...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bill_KY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Northern Kentucky
Free Dbs still planning their network per new update...

Free Direct Broadcast Satellite Network

"News Release: 1/01/2012

A message from the CEO

Good evening friends,

We are still getting all our ducks in a row. Our wheels turn slowly, but they keep turning. As the advertising market is shifting to the internet, our plan was to include this in our marketing scheme. Our plan of twelve freeDBS stations and many independent stations is still our vision. A third tiered business internet was also in our original plan. Please be patient as this can not be done quickly as we had hoped for. Greenbook,ITU and the F.C.C. guidelines must be met and we are still going over changing Rules and regulations. Some Key personal that work in the uplinking arena that are vital to this endeavor have not been contacted yet, but will be when this all comes together.

God bless you all and May Christ be with you."

flying-pig.gif

This guy is not what you call a "Quick Study". He will be the last to realize, this ain't gonna happen.

Where's Iceberg? I think I read posting free dbs BS is good for an automatic 3 day ban! :eek: :D

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

And the auto makers are finally going to start including that secret carburator design that gets 100 miles per gallon.

so lemme understand this

Nothing is posted since June and now this is posted?

We are still getting all our ducks in a row. Our wheels turn slowly, but they keep turning. As the advertising market is shifting to the internet, our plan was to include this in our marketing scheme. Our plan of twelve freeDBS stations and many independent stations is still our vision. A third tiered business internet was also in our original plan. Please be patient as this can not be done quickly as we had hoped for. Greenbook,ITU and the F.C.C. guidelines must be met and we are still going over changing Rules and regulations. Some Key personal that work in the uplinking arena that are vital to this endeavor have not been contacted yet, but will be when this all comes together.

translation.....we are going to continue to post nonsense every few months to get a few folks heart rate up that we might be coming. Be assure that we aren't coming. Most everyone has left the vaporware ship. Its down to just one guy and I might try this on the internet thing. I may say "our wheels turn slowly" when in fact I actually mean "our wheels are rusted so they wont move at all". Its all just smoke and mirrors and a few folks fell for it.

I mean seriously....we're on what 2 years now since the initial "rumor" and what has happened? NOTHING
I could start a business tomorrow and have channels up quicker than they would :)

Where's Iceberg? I think I read posting free dbs BS is good for an automatic 3 day ban! :eek: :D

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Yea...I guess I'll see y'all in three days...lol

But anyway, the last update was nearly seven months ago. I though I saw a post that Freedbs was going to Internet only...and felt this might be of interest because it seems to say they still have plans for dbs. What I find interesting is this part "Some Key personal that work in the uplinking arena that are vital to this endeavor have not been contacted yet,..." Yet I thought that part has been taken care of....What do I know?

Please feel free to lock or delete this thread...( I hope this does not end up as another 100 page thread as one of the first ones did). I really didn't intend to stir things up, I saw an update and thought y'all might want to know.

OK...see y'all in three days...

Last edited:
But anyway, the last update was nearly seven months ago. I though I saw a post that Freedbs was going to Internet only...and felt this might be of interest because it seems to say they still have plans for dbs. What I find interesting is this part "Some Key personal that work in the uplinking arena that are vital to this endeavor have not been contacted yet,..." Yet I thought that part has been taken care of....
checking their "news releases" in Sept 10 (so 15 months ago) the same thing was said
Freedbs will be having a meeting with a Florida Uplink Adviser later this month.

Please feel free to lock or delete this thread...( I hope this does not end up as another 100 page thread as one of the first ones did).
we'll keep it open for a little bit on the grounds that there might be an update in the next week or so. Otherwise yeah I'll close it :)

OK...see y'all in three days...
you do realize we were kidding? :)
That was our joke that started last year when a thread like this showed up after 6 months of no updates and it was pretty much the same writing "oh we're working on it. Its coming soon" etc line.

If the CEO was real he would post his name...

Again as far as I know EVERYONE has left the FreeDBS project except for one person who is now trying to do it all himself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)