Free HBO plus $15 off monthly bill

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lazydogmot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
N/E Florida
I got a call this evening from DirecTV saying that since I was a valued customer I was getting HBO and CINAMAX free for a year as well as $15 off the bill, also for a year. I said, “OK”. Anyone else or am I special. Haha.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Keep an eye on your bill. When they called me with this deal I thought it was what you said. But when I had her break it down the cost was $30.99 and then $15 off for a year. So still would have to pay $15.99. So not free.

rockabdchelle, you were absolutely right about the bill going up $15.99 a month. Whoever called made no mention of that fact. They didn’t even ask if I wanted the offer. They just said here is what you’re getting and hung up. Thanks for the heads up.

I got a call this evening from DirecTV saying that since I was a valued customer I was getting HBO and CINAMAX free for a year as well as $15 off the bill, also for a year. I said, “OK”. Anyone else or am I special. Haha.

As long as they didn't ask you for a Account Number or Pay for it over the phone- Then I Don't you are being Scammed - Just a thought

The just asked if they were speaking to me (the account holder). I would think you would have to agree to the changes and extra charges for it not to be a scam. I didn’t have that chance. When I called them today they confirmed what rockandchelle said about the extra charges. HBO and CINEMAX were not free for a year, they were $15.99 a month ($191.88 a year). That’s not free.

The just asked if they were speaking to me (the account holder). I would think you would have to agree to the changes and extra charges for it not to be a scam. I didn’t have that chance. When I called them today they confirmed what rockandchelle said about the extra charges. HBO and CINEMAX were not free for a year, they were $15.99 a month ($191.88 a year). That’s not free.

Then what you got was a Person who is only paid by the sale! That's how it's done - I quit answering my phone 15 years ago - only use it for outgoing and if you leave a message I'll call you back.

I got free HBO, $10 off Showtime, and $10 off sports pack for 6 months and $50 off my bill on top of that for a year just for calling in to downgrade my package last December. They're being very generous lately. I didn't get Cinemax though.

I kept getting calls yesterday from 1 800 531 5000 Directv. It was a foreign guy. Couldnt really understand him. Said I qualified for two year discount. Said bill would’ve $79 a month. And would get two years NFL ST and all movies. And other stuff but couldn’t understand him. So I hung up on him. Kept calling. 6 times.
Finally called DTV. They checked said was scam. Said people can call and make any phone # show up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)