Free HBO plus $15 off monthly bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lazydogmot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
N/E Florida
I got a call this evening from DirecTV saying that since I was a valued customer I was getting HBO and CINAMAX free for a year as well as $15 off the bill, also for a year. I said, “OK”. Anyone else or am I special. Haha.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Keep an eye on your bill. When they called me with this deal I thought it was what you said. But when I had her break it down the cost was $30.99 and then $15 off for a year. So still would have to pay $15.99. So not free.

rockabdchelle, you were absolutely right about the bill going up $15.99 a month. Whoever called made no mention of that fact. They didn’t even ask if I wanted the offer. They just said here is what you’re getting and hung up. Thanks for the heads up.

I got a call this evening from DirecTV saying that since I was a valued customer I was getting HBO and CINAMAX free for a year as well as $15 off the bill, also for a year. I said, “OK”. Anyone else or am I special. Haha.

As long as they didn't ask you for a Account Number or Pay for it over the phone- Then I Don't you are being Scammed - Just a thought

The just asked if they were speaking to me (the account holder). I would think you would have to agree to the changes and extra charges for it not to be a scam. I didn’t have that chance. When I called them today they confirmed what rockandchelle said about the extra charges. HBO and CINEMAX were not free for a year, they were $15.99 a month ($191.88 a year). That’s not free.

The just asked if they were speaking to me (the account holder). I would think you would have to agree to the changes and extra charges for it not to be a scam. I didn’t have that chance. When I called them today they confirmed what rockandchelle said about the extra charges. HBO and CINEMAX were not free for a year, they were $15.99 a month ($191.88 a year). That’s not free.

Then what you got was a Person who is only paid by the sale! That's how it's done - I quit answering my phone 15 years ago - only use it for outgoing and if you leave a message I'll call you back.

I got free HBO, $10 off Showtime, and $10 off sports pack for 6 months and $50 off my bill on top of that for a year just for calling in to downgrade my package last December. They're being very generous lately. I didn't get Cinemax though.

I kept getting calls yesterday from 1 800 531 5000 Directv. It was a foreign guy. Couldnt really understand him. Said I qualified for two year discount. Said bill would’ve $79 a month. And would get two years NFL ST and all movies. And other stuff but couldn’t understand him. So I hung up on him. Kept calling. 6 times.
Finally called DTV. They checked said was scam. Said people can call and make any phone # show up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)