Free HBO & Starz

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I was checking out the 3 month free offer when it added it to my account before I could find out the details. I still don't understand what the CR was saying when I contacted her to cancel. "John"

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Sabrina S.
(03) Sabrina S: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Sabrina S: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Sabrina S: I see that you have HBO and Starz on the account, and there is no commitment with this channel son your account.
John Host: So at the end of 3 months I can call and cancel if I no longer want it?
(03) Sabrina S: Well, it is not free on your account.
John Host: I don't understand. It says free for 3 months.
(03) Sabrina S: We had an offer , that you can get HBO and Starz free for 3 months with 24 months commitment.
(03) Sabrina S: You need to subscribe for it to get it free for 3 months.
John Host: I do not want to make a commitment. I wa just trying to find out if there was a commitment when it said it was added to my account. Please remove it then.
(03) Sabrina S: Well as you are paying for it there is no commitment for that on your account.
(03) Sabrina S: Please understand it is not free on your account so there is no commitment.
(03) Sabrina S: If you still wish to remove it I will go a head and remove HBO and Starz now.
John Host: I am not paying for it. I have never had it before. I was just checking out the offer 15 minutes ago and it said it added it to my account.
(03) Sabrina S: Okay, I will go a head and remove it now.
(03) Sabrina S: I have removed it.
(03) Sabrina S: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
John Host: The only thing I have is cinemax for a penny. Please do not remove cinemax.
(03) Sabrina S: Yes, you have it on the account.
John Host: I want to know how it was added without ever telling me there was a commitment. Something is very wrong with you website for that to happen.
(03) Sabrina S: I apologize for any inconvenience.
John Host: OK, thank you and goodbye.
(03) Sabrina S: You're very welcome.
(03) Sabrina S: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

As far as I know if you're a new customer, you have to have the 24-month commitment to get the free 3 months of Starz and HBO. If you're an existing customer, you don't need to have that commitment.

The details are here:

DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

I added that promo over the phone. At first, the CSR told me that I needed a 24-month commitment to get the promotion even as an existing customer. I told her to double check because I didn't think that was right. She came back and said I didn't need a commitment. I even asked her one last time before I got off the phone if I was under another contract. She said no. So I'm hoping that's the case because that's the promotion on the web page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts