Slingbox picture blur

prcasher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Have a Solo hooked up to a 522 viewing remotely 1200mi away. Upload over 300 but getting noticable blur on channels with detail like CNBC. Talked with support they see the same. They wanted to do more testing but no one is available at home. I was wondering if S-Video would help over composite. It looked very good home on our home network and after upgrading my internet from the slowest to the next higher the remote improved but then it was mostly artifac not blur. Any one have experience with a similar situation? Thanks in advance, Patrick.

IMHO, that's too low. Due to distance from the CO, I can only manage 425kbps up at best on my DSL, and at that rate the PQ is just barely acceptable.

Post a picture showing the blur.

If you are streaming at only 300k your picture will be crap. The place I normally stream at I can get 800k and the picture is still not what I would consider clear..... watchable but not clear.

Guess I'll live with it till I get back home and check it out further. It gets expensive upgrading to get high upload speeds. Are you doing SD or HD?

I get around 400k on my phone and it looks great but of course that is on small screen. When I had 512k upload the picture was pretty decent for a laptop but no where compared to what I see now with 1024k upload.

On your Slingplayer go in to the settings then the encoding tab, you can make some changes in there which should give you a better picture (and maybe lowering audio quality)

I have had some good looking 128 streams via a slingbox. Sometimes just takes some tweeking. :)

Support suggested I could try doing adjustments too. I can get good video but then it starts hesitating. I'll try and find a happy medium.

I travel a lot and find with my Slingbox Pro, anything under 700k doesn't look very good on my laptop. And that's at 320x240. Good luck with the tweaking!

I travel a lot and find with my Slingbox Pro, anything under 700k doesn't look very good on my laptop. And that's at 320x240. Good luck with the tweaking!

:(Sorry to hear that. My Slingbox Solo should be here tomorrow from Amazon and with my DSL upload speed right at 700kps I was hoping remote viewing on my laptop would be good. We'll see................

Ed

My son went over to the house and put in S-Video cable (he had to redo the setup) and there is a definate improvement as now the ticker and informational bars are more legible on CNBC. I think I'm going to ask him to put in the componet cable when he has a chance.

Oops, just looked at the 522DVR spec sheet no component outputs, guess we'll live with the S-Video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts