Free HD Confirmation Email

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
I just got this e-mail from DirecTV. Anyone else get the same thing?

--------------------------

[FONT=&quot]Hello Valued Customer, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
spacer.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer. In addition to having the very best in entertainment, you will be receiving the HD experience you know and love FREE FOR 2 YEARS! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
spacer.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]JUST A REMINDER[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
spacer.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]To continue to receive FREE HD Access, you simply need to maintain the following on your DIRECTV account during the 24-month offer period: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
spacer.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. Auto Bill Pay
2. CHOICE™ or OPTIMO MÁS and above package
3. At least one(1) HD Receiver and HD Access [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
spacer.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Failure to maintain these requirements will result in the $10 per month FREE HD Access credit being removed from your account.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
spacer.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NOT SURE IF YOU HAVE AUTO BILL PAY?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
spacer.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please sign in to your account at directv.com. If it states "Not Enrolled," next to AUTO BILL PAY on your ACCOUNT OVERVIEW page, select "Set up" and register as soon as possible. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
spacer.gif
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you feel that you are receiving this message in error, please call DIRECTV at
1-800-531-5000 and a representative will be happy to assist you. [/FONT]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean that the free HD will be extended another 24 months?

didnt get one yet....but my 24 months free HD isnt going to expire til December. Hope I get it then :)

This is the same one I got in March. I also got a similar postcard. Direct tells me it's not a renewal, just a reminder.

This is the same one I got in March. I also got a similar postcard. Direct tells me it's not a renewal, just a reminder.
If that is the case then it is misleading when they state, "[FONT=&amp]Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer. In addition to having the very best in entertainment, you will be receiving the HD experience you know and love FREE FOR 2 YEARS!" [/FONT]

If that is the case then it is misleading when they state, "[FONT=&]Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer. In addition to having the very best in entertainment, you will be receiving the HD experience you know and love FREE FOR 2 YEARS!" [/FONT]

Funny, i gave direc a call about it and they said you have it already. They will not extend it.
I thought when it came out it was free HD for life if you use autopay?? (which i do)

Sounds fishy...

lern4483 said:
Funny, i gave direc a call about it and they said you have it already. They will not extend it.
I thought when it came out it was free HD for life if you use autopay?? (which i do)

Sounds fishy...

"free for life" is considered your 24 month commitment

Sounds fishy...

That was for new customers at that time, about two years ago. For existing customers, it was for two years.

"Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer. In addition to having the very best in entertainment, you will be receiving the HD experience you know and love FREE FOR 2 YEARS!"

I think that they ARE extending it, from the way it's worded.

When I called about it when we first started discussing this, they said they couldn't do anything for me TILL it expired, and told me to call back when it had expired ... I set a reminder on my phone to call them.

Back when we first got this credit, Dish was giving it away and D* followed, some of us here were thinking that by then they would have changed the packages to reflect the Free HD, but that hasn't actually happened yet.
I'm thinking they would have to have 2 separate price points then, one with HD one without, they may still be doing something about it, maybe by next Feb/March whgen the price increase happens again.

I thought that they were mirroring Dish with free HD for life-2 years ago?
As long as you did auto payment.
I don't remember for new customers only?

Nope, it was for life for new customers only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)