Free HD for Life New Customer Promo starting 6/5

Status
Please reply by conversation.
New and Improved offer! On June 5th, we are launching FREE HD For Life! This is a limited time offer available for new customers. Requirements are simple:*
* Eligible on CHOICE and above, OPTIMO MÁS and above
* Customer must order at least 1 HD receiver with HD Access at the point of sale
* Customer must sign up for Auto Bill Pay (ABP) at the point of sale and maintain ABP and HD Access at all times in order to receive the recurring lifetime credit LET CUSTOMERS KNOW WHY OUR FREE HD OFFER IS BEST
At DIRECTV, we want to set the record straight so customers will know why our offer is really free and why DISH Network’s offer is going to cost them in the end! THE DIFFERENCE IS OBVIOUS DIRECTV DISH

PRE-PAYMENT FOR SERVICE NO YES

RECEIVER FEE COSTS $5 $7-$17

AUTO BILL PAY YES YES

RECEIVE HARD COPY OF BILLS YES NO

UPFRONT FEES
(customers opting to receive paper bill and no ABP) $0 $99

MOST FULL-TIME HD YES NO
With the most full-time HD, the most sports in HD and the most movies in 1080p HD, no one can compete with our FREE HD For Life offer.
To download a fact sheet with selling tips and information on how to add this limited time offer, click here.

*Additional details on requirements:

* $10 “Free HD” bill credit for the life of continuous service with DIRECTV
* Available from 6/5/10 – 7/21/10 to Fee and Non-Fee customers
* National offer or base package takers
* WorldDirect is not eligible

What do they mean pre-pay for service? What does DirecTV do if a customer does not dign up for ABP? Do they not give them the offer at all? At least Dish gives those customers an opportunity to pay a one time fee of $99 to get free HD for life.

Sometimes I really think D* is so full of it when they try and compare to Dish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be VERY INTERESTING to see if they bend for any existing customer.

Looks like they are running it for 6 weeks, so they're not too committed yet.

So if my installation is for June 5th, does this include me?

I ordered Direct yesterday, but scheduled the installation for Saturday, which date will the go by?

Has any current customers attempted to call DirecTV retensions yet to see about getting in on this deal?

I have been with them for more years than I can remember and plan on calling to see what they offer.

So if my installation is for June 5th, does this include me?

I ordered Direct yesterday, but scheduled the installation for Saturday, which date will the go by?

No, it won't be on an order from yesturday.

You need to cancel your order, CALL NOW.

Then wait until the 5th or 6th and re-do the order, scheduling a new install.

DON'T keep your install for the 5th if you want the free HD.

What we don't know is if the other new customer promos will be the same on 6/5, but I haven't seen anything indicating change.

i really hope they make this an option for current customers.

What do they mean pre-pay for service? What does DirecTV do if a customer does not dign up for ABP? Do they not give them the offer at all? At least Dish gives those customers an opportunity to pay a one time fee of $99 to get free HD for life.

Sometimes I really think D* is so full of it when they try and compare to Dish.

I was thinking the same thing, at least dish gives an option to not sign up for auto pay or even the 24months, you break even after 10months. D* only has the one option. if you don't sign up for auto pay, yeah there is no upfront cost, but you would still pay $10 a month. You have that as the third option with dish as well.

To those complaining that Dish always does stuff first ..... not true.
Over the years, most of the time they have both seen what works with the other one and implemented something similar.

Something tells me that by Feb. of next year, they will no longer be charging the HD Fee .... just a thought because of the speculation here.
Next Feb. will be when the next price adjustment happens.

I just got DirecTV last month, but I do not feel cheated or anthing. Why? Because, quite frankly, that offer sucks. Autopay is a dealbreaker for me. I like control of what comes out of my account, when it comes out and for how much. I'd gladly pay an upfront cost that would pay for itself over time though.

I would say that the Dish offer is a better deal, except it should more honestly be called "Free HD Lite Until You Get Tired of Our Overcompressed Downrezzed Picture Quality and Cancel Your Contract Early."

This morning I paid my Dish Network cancellation fee rather than watch them botch it somehow on the 10th, which is when they said they would nicely put their hands in my account for me. Freeeedommm!!

Last edited:
We just have to face it. DirecTV under current management sucks. I've been planning a switch to DISH but had to cancel 1 appointment with them and never got it set back up.

This deal is too good to pass up though.

Here is another link about what is being offered.

Dish, DIRECTV Offer HD 'Free For Life'

Looks like existing customers will pick up the tab here. Someone needs to pay for all the new customers free HD for life. Reminds me of whats happening in Washington.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot believe DIRECTV is not letting existing customers buy into the program. It seems like it would be a big "sticky" to promote customer loyalty.

I figured out what the pre-pay thing was for Dish now. Instead of having a double payment on your first bill customers will have to make the first months payment at the time they sign up. This way people do not have a price shock on their first bill. I don't see how D* thinks this is a disadvantage. You are still paying the same amount either way.

The only "advantage" of the DIRECTV program is if you want a paper bill and the offer. You still have to do autopay, be a new customer, and commit to two years. With Dish you have to go to the web site to print your bill to get the program. Dish will let you buy the program for $99 and have no commitment, but most new customers will have the 2 years anyways for free equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts