Free HD for Life?

the pdf does not say how to commit to 24 months. That is what dish CSR's are saying is not ready on the web as yet and that is the only place you can do this. You can't do it over the phone. This equals NO HD for now. for those just changing a package from an existing HD package

I see dish is working on its web page now as I can't get to parts of my account that I was able to earlier. I hope this fixes the problems. If not, I see that DirectV now has Versus and that was the only reason I did not go for the sweet offer from DirectV in their "Please come back with us" offer. I will look closer to that if I need to.

New on the web. This now says to call Dish for the FFL. Doing so says they are still working on the web site and it should be available for the 24-month or $99 option within 3 hours. This means by 11pm eastern. If that shows, I will go with it.

BTW: an hour ago I had to use my ID to get on, I now get on with my email address, again.

Here is a FREE HD FOR LIFE desktop background from DISH Network. Enjoy...

Attachments

• free hd.jpg
    free hd.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 179
SUCCESS! I was able to change on the phone my account to drop the Plat pack. Today the website showed the true programming with the option to drop the plat pack . it showed I was already eligible for HD FREE FOR LIFE. Of course you can't drop it but once in 12 months so I had to try to call on the phone the number listed on the web page. I was able to drop the plat pack and then the premium movie packs too I wanted to drop. Then the computer said I had to talk to a csr . The Csr showed the computer on the phone had done the changes and do you want to keep them ? I did and now have top 250 and HD FREE for life and Hbo. Saved the $10.00 bucks on my account and my parents too. So you don't have to wait till next time your bill generates to make the changes.

Grrr. Before June 3rd my online account always showed me eligible for a 3 month HBO/Showtime deal if I agreed to "remain on autopay." I kept holding off using it, because I wanted to wait until I could use it to watch Dexter next season.

Now that I've been Grandfathered into HD for Life, that offer is gone. Instead I have the option of staying on autopay forever or forfeiting HD for Life and paying an extra $10 a month.

So, I guess HD for life is just a way to get me to stay on autopay with the threat of an extra fee if I ever leave, instead of enticing me with a free offer down the road. I don't mind much...frankly, it was sort of ridiculous that they were going to give me something free in exchange for me doing absolutely nothing...but I'm kicking myself for not grabbing that free 3 month offer while I had it.

Grrr. Before June 3rd my online account always showed me eligible for a 3 month HBO/Showtime deal if I agreed to "remain on autopay." I kept holding off using it, because I wanted to wait until I could use it to watch Dexter next season.

Now that I've been Grandfathered into HD for Life, that offer is gone. Instead I have the option of staying on autopay forever or forfeiting HD for Life and paying an extra $10 a month.

So, I guess HD for life is just a way to get me to stay on autopay with the threat of an extra fee if I ever leave, instead of enticing me with a free offer down the road. I don't mind much...frankly, it was sort of ridiculous that they were going to give me something free in exchange for me doing absolutely nothing...but I'm kicking myself for not grabbing that free 3 month offer while I had it.

Post #33 & #34

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/210089-special-offer-hbo-showtime-free-3-a-4.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts