Free HD for Life?

So basically Dish is shafting the existing customer as usual. Great.

It does seem that way. I do not understand why they make things complicated in order to add more stress to your life. Maybe they think that all of these increases will be hidden by the Free HD for Life offer. Who really knows? So much for not increasing on base packages like they said in the past.

As earlier reported, there were increases such as $2 for AT 200 and AT 250. I noticed $0.01 increases on some a la carte and premiums. So, I am sure many will not notice that. However, I am sure every penny counts. If all increases were a few pennies, then maybe things would not be so bad. However, I think the leased equipment fees were too much of an increase already to even think of adding more. Just my opinion on that...

I don't see why everyone thinks they are getting the shaft this time around. There are not going to be any huge changes for existing customers and they will not be missing out on anything knew. Things change constantly. Are you the same person that complains that the TV he bought just dropped $200 just 2 months after he got it, or how his laptop is getting obsolete after 2 years?

This is from a Dish Network Retailer email from our distributor today:

Existing Customer Accounts Already Subscribing to the $10/mo. “HD & Platinum” Add-on Before June 3, 2010 – Existing customers who were subscribing to the $10/mo. “HD & Platinum” package prior to June 3, 2010, will be automatically grandfathered into “HD Free for Life” without being required to enter into a 24-month “HD Free for Life” commitment OR pay the $99 HD Programming Upgrade Fee. These customers will experience no price change due to their participation in this offer; they will receive “HD Free for Life” for the life of their account and will be charged for the $10/mo. HDPlatinum add-on package.

Existing Customer Accounts NOT Subscribing to the $10.mo. “HD & Platinum” Add-on Package Before June 3, 2010 – Existing customers who were NOT subscribing to the $10/mo. “HD & Platinum” package prior to June 3, 2010 may choose to participate in “HD Free for Life” by logging into their online customer account (or creating an online account if they do not have one yet) and selecting the “HD Free for Life” option, which will be indicated.
After selecting the “HD Free for Life” offer, customers may choose either the 24-month “HD Free for Life” commitment and accept the terms of the agreement within the online form, as well as set up Credit Card AutoPay AND Paperless Billing if they are not set up with them yet –OR– the $99 HD Programming Upgrade Fee and provide a credit card number for this charge (also within the online form).

SCOTT:

Can you please determine for everyone whether the Dish Retailer Email quoted is true or not ?

It appears that it was not true, but it might be helpful to know for sure.

Thanks from everyone !

Please check out http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/215530-dish-network-june-3rd-faqs.html which answers most of your Free HD For Life Questions. :)

From this link i read this:

What happens to an existing customer who currently subscribes to HD programming?

A customer who subscribes to HD & Platinum will automatically be enrolled in HD Free for Life with no additional requirements. This customer will automatically be enrolled in the new HD Platinum package at $10 per month as well, resulting in no price change on their bill.

so this means in the next few days i should be able to cancel the Platinum portion and still get my HD channels, correct?

From this link i read this:

What happens to an existing customer who currently subscribes to HD programming?

A customer who subscribes to HD & Platinum will automatically be enrolled in HD Free for Life with no additional requirements. This customer will automatically be enrolled in the new HD Platinum package at $10 per month as well, resulting in no price change on their bill.

so this means in the next few days i should be able to cancel the Platinum portion and still get my HD channels, correct?

That would be the logical assumption but with Dish Network you never know. I'd just wait a few days.

Here is the Job Aid that has been giving to retailers. This is what the rules are right now.

Attachments

• FreeHD JobAid.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 988
We are not even close to CSR's. LOL. I have no idea what they get to see. I don't think they are involved too much, I think they just read off of a computer screen.

Retailers are independant businesses that sell Dish. We actually are an appliance store that sells TVs and Dish.

So it appears that existing customer's are grandfathered in, unless you have the old Metal Pack.
No this is not the case, the only ones who are automatically moved to Free HD for Life are those with HD & Platunum HD as a single $10 line item on their bill...

However their bill will remain the same since it will cost $10 for the Platinum HD package still.

Not yet, but give me awhile. :)

A lot of people are thinking they will see a drop in their bill, when honestly most peoples bill will remain the same (if not go up $2) :)

Scott thanks for staying patient and answering the same question, (that i am sure that i am asking over and over agin) over and over again.

The PDF file posted a page back will explain a lot about how it works for existing as well as new customers.

Hi everyone, my first post...and I am actually a Dish Authorized Seller. I work in an overflow call center based in KY, and work for several of the top authorized agents, such as Altitude, Satellite Solutions Network, Satellite Country, AnythingDish, Venicom, etc., etc.

Scott, when I go into MY Account I am offered the HD Free for Life but only if I agree to a two year commitment. I already have Autopay and paperless billing. I also have the HD\Platinum for $10.00. Why don't I see that I'm already enrolled in Free HD for Life per http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/215530-dish-network-june-3rd-faqs.html per the statement:

Edit:
It appears that my next bill would reflect the changes per PDF file posted earlier.

Last edited:
Scott, when I go into MY Account I am offered the HD Free for Life but only if I agree to a two year commitment. I already have Autopay and paperless billing. I also have the HD\Platinum for $10.00. Why don't I see that I'm already enrolled in Free HD for Life per http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/215530-dish-network-june-3rd-faqs.html per the statement:

This is for Scott. Wait until your next bill!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)