Free HD for Life?

Look again - On the My Account page, there is a new option to add HD For Life. It's on the list at the left side along with the regular Account Overview, Account Profile, etc.
Just a clicky or two of the mouse and you are good to go!

No it didn't quite work that way. I tried to hit hd for life free and it took me to a screen that said what the different qualifications were to get it but did not allow me to change anything. It was an endless loop. Now it says not able to login to due to difficulties.

I am a bit confused, logged into my account and then Programming. I have the 200 PKG with Platinum HD. It now defaults to HD Channels "NONE OF THE ABOVE". I have an option for HD 200 Free and HD 200 for $10.00.

When I select HD 200 Free, it loops me back to the HD For Life Page which describes what it is and what packages qualify?

I am a bit confused, logged into my account and then Programming. I have the 200 PKG with Platinum HD. It now defaults to HD Channels "NONE OF THE ABOVE". I have an option for HD 200 Free and HD 200 for $10.00.

When I select HD 200 Free, it loops me back to the HD For Life Page which describes what it is and what packages qualify?

Same for me.

I am getting the same thing, no option to drop the platinum, which is what i want to do, i don't need thatxtra $10 charge anymore. I guess i'll have to call them then.

The online tech chat proved useless. As usual DISH is not prepared to talk and assist the subs , the day of any changes in their promotions. I might try to call , but I hate trying to talk to one of this air head csrs.

I just spoke with customer retention and they claim there is no grandfathering for those that have HD&Platinum. They would not change my account to show HD for life but said I could keep HD and platinum for as long as I like. If I want to drop Platinum I have to pay $99 for HD for life or sign a new contract.

I just spoke with customer retention and they claim there is no grandfathering for those that have HD&Platinum. They would not change my account to show HD for life but said I could keep HD and platinum for as long as I like. If I want to drop Platinum I have to pay $99 for HD for life or sign a new contract.

Nice! So what we're seeing online is true, there's no HD for Life for current customers unless we sign for another 24 months or pay the $99.00. :(

Neljtorres posted this in the PR lost 2 HD channels thread:

"For a existing customer to get HD free for life you have 2 alternatives

Pay 99.00 client for new customers or existing customers or second option signed up for a 2 year contract with auto pay the only problem is if you sign up for 2 years and decided to cancel the contract you are to get 240 in penalties and charges to your credit card."

That's what I see when I login online. So no soup for us, existing customers?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)