Free HD for Life?

This was probably posted elsewhere and I missed it, but when my Cinemax for a penny ends will I be charged the $5 downgrade fee to drop Cinemax?

I would like a quick clarification re credit card autopay. If I don't have cc autopay now but do have HD & Platinum for $10, will I still be grandfathered in for the free HD for life or do I have to sign up for cc autopay?

I used to have cc autopay but dropped it when I was unable to access my statements online for a period of almost 6 months.

Thanks

Well, I just switched to AT 120 plus platinum HD so that I could get the free HD for life. The only thing is that on my online account, it shows that I now have AT120, but doesn't say anything about Platinum HD. I do have the platinum channels, but I want to make sure it's on my account correctly so that I will be grandfathered into HD for life. Should platinum be showing on my dish account screen?

Well, I just switched to AT 120 plus platinum HD so that I could get the free HD for life. The only thing is that on my online account, it shows that I now have AT120, but doesn't say anything about Platinum HD. I do have the platinum channels, but I want to make sure it's on my account correctly so that I will be grandfathered into HD for life. Should platinum be showing on my dish account screen?

There's usually a line that says HD plus Platinum $10. Since the new retail promotions are effective today w/r to HD for Life, they may have made changes to the site.

Allrighty I am sure it is here on the site, but I am having issues with my adaptive software for some reason so navagating is a challenge tonight, I am considering upgrading to the 722, but with the new promotion taking place in June should I wait to upgrade after June 3rd or go ahead and do the upgrade now... Thanks for any help... CC

The problem that could present itself is this:

If you get HD/Platinum now, it may be considered ONE add-on. After June 3rd, E* may not let you drop Platinum without also dropping HD, since it may be considered ONE pac. IF, this scenario holds true, then E* will still get their $99 or 24 mo. committment out of you, for the Free HD for life gig.

I hope that what I just said isn't true, but certainly falls into the realm of possibility.

"There's usually a line that says HD plus Platinum $10. Since the new retail promotions are effective today w/r to HD for Life, they may have made changes to the site. "

I am a new sub as of May 3rd, i don't have the HD now but with this whole grandfathering thing i'm confused. What is the ONE-pac. because i'd like to add the HD now, and then after June 3rd drop the platinum so that i can get Discovery, etc in HD....any info/idea on if i add it now if I will still get the HD channels for free without the $99 fee?

Call and order HD today and you will get both for $10 then be grandfathered for the HD free for life. :)

Sorry I couldn't answer the question at the other site, they don't like me talking programming, promotions etc over there. :)

Call and order HD today and you will get both for $10 then be grandfathered for the HD free for life. :)

Sorry I couldn't answer the question at the other site, they don't like me talking programming, promotions etc over there. :)

Not a problem about answering on teh other site....you should probalb yjsut delete tha tthread anyway.

So i'll be grandfathered in and then I can just drop the platinum and be all good? I just want to make sure. Wife is really onry about something called a buidget lately :p

Not a problem about answering on teh other site....you should probalb yjsut delete tha tthread anyway.

So i'll be grandfathered in and then I can just drop the platinum and be all good? I just want to make sure. Wife is really onry about something called a buidget lately :p
For just $2.00 a month more from what I'm paying now, I perceive platimum as a bargain.

Has everyone figured out what is going on yet. I have seen a lot of the same questions posted here. There are not any major changes coming. I think most people are making this more confusing than it has to be.

If you have HD with Platinum HD for $10 now, nothing will change. If you wish to drop the Platinum HD after your next statement then you can save the $10 and continue with the regular HD for free.

If you do not have HD right now and you want the HD for free, you will have to sign a 24 month commitment and have c.c. autopay with paperless billing. That or pay a one time $99 fee.

If you want the fine print from Dish I have attached it.

Attachments

• Dish Fine Print001.pdf
    776.6 KB · Views: 393
HD Theater and Palladia are going platinum pack only. Right now they are part of the normal HD add onn or dish america packs as well.

So E* is probably placing HD channels for which they have to pay an additional fee into the Platinum Package and leaving the HD and SD that comes together for one fee in the regular packages. Sure makes Platinum seem more attractive than before.

If you have HD with Platinum HD for $10 now, nothing will change. If you wish to drop the Platinum HD after your next statement then you can save the $10 and continue with the regular HD for free.
Scherrman, I read the pdf that you attached, and with all due respect, until I see something in writing stating that folks will be able to drop just the platinum pac, without resetting the 10 buck fee, I guess I'll remain a bit skeptical. I truly hope, though, that E* will allow it.

Scherrman, I read the pdf that you attached, and with all due respect, until I see something in writing stating that folks will be able to drop just the platinum pac, without resetting the 10 buck fee, I guess I'll remain a bit skeptical. I truly hope, though, that E* will allow it.

In Steve's "New Pricing Chart" thread I see at the bottom "Add HD Platinum to any HD package for $10/mo. NEW

I feel pretty confident that if we can add HD Platinum we can also remove it. "Pretty Confident" = oh, let's say 95%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts