Free Preview - HD Extra Pack October 13, 2011 through October 20, 2011

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AIRLINE

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
DirecTV will be offering a free preview of HD Extra Pack beginning Thursday, October 13, 2011, and ending Thursday, October 20, 2011.

HD access fee and HD equipment are required in order to view HD Extra Pack.

DirecTV offers HD Extra Pack as an A La Carte programming option for $5.00 per month.

Channels in the HD Extra Pack line-up:

560 Hallmark Movie Channel
561 HDNet Movies
562 MGM HD
563 Sony Movie Channel
564 Universal HD
565 Smithsonian Channel HD
566 Crime & Investigation Network
567 Palladia (programming from MTV, VH1 and CMT)
568 Shorts HD

I agree, you have that option. On the other hand, how many millions of subscribers are not aware of that loophole? In addition, how many subscribers actually count 90 calendar days and remember to go back into their account to cancel and avoid additional charges? I set a reminder the day before free programming offer(s) expire into my calendar, and then I call to cancel. Of course, some may be happy with the HD Extra Pack programming after 90 days, and don't mind paying the additional $5.00 per month.

I think that's the entire point. Directv knows it's not worth $5 a month and that they should just throw it in for anyone who subs to HD, so that's why they allow the loophole to continue to exist. But if people think it's worth the $5 and continue to pay it, it's no skin off their ass either.

5 minutes later it shows back up as an option "0.00 for 3 months"...

I have it set in my calender app to remind me to remove it every three months and then sign back up. Another "trick" I use is calling in every 3 months to cancel Showtime/Starz. As soon as I get off the phone it shows back up online with the deal to get both for a special price.

Regarding the Shorts HD channel, I have a few questions about it:
-Do they have commercials during/between films (I would think during would be difficult considering they're short films)?
-Do they censor anything for adult language, sex/nudity, violence, drug use, etc, etc, etc?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)