HR34 release date

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Am ready to get one added to my acct.. hehe

Sent using SatelliteGuys with my EVO non 3D LoL

im just shopping around. Do you guys think when it does come out it would be cheaper as far as fee's or be the same price? I want 2 hd-dvr's and another HD receiver.

What does the 34 have or doesn't have that is different from the 24?

From what I have read, it will have 5 tuners available at one time. No word on how the fee structure will be set up, though. Also, it will be rvu compatible, so no boxes needed other than the 34 as long as you have rvu compliant televisions.

im just shopping around. Do you guys think when it does come out it would be cheaper as far as fee's or be the same price? I want 2 hd-dvr's and another HD receiver.

I think it may be a little less in fees, but very close. The HD, DVR, and MRV fees ($20/mo) will probably stay. The extra receiver cost ($6/ea) may be negated by only having one receiver and using just RVU clients built-in or added to a TV.

If you are considering DirecTV, personally I would not wait for the HR34, you could be waiting a long time and we have no idea what the cost will be.

From what I have read, it will have 5 tuners available at one time. No word on how the fee structure will be set up, though. Also, it will be rvu compatible, so no boxes needed other than the 34 as long as you have rvu compliant televisions.
You'll need CCKs for each RVU enabled TV if you want to utilize DECA.

What does the 34 have or doesn't have that is different from the 24?
  • The ability to provide independent programming to "up to" four televisions.
  • PIP
  • 1TB hard drive

The long-term feature set may include >50 series and the ability to have both the internal and external drives active simultaneously.

October just around the corner.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X using Tapatalk

They also said the HD GUI would be in October. Considering that is less than three months (to the end of Oct), I would imagine at least one of these won't be done in time, if not both. Personally I would expect more like Q1 2012. But hey, maybe they'll suprise me.

maybe the hd gui is being developed on the hr34 and they will come out at the same time.........

Wats really scary is that one still has a motorola brick phone lol

Sent from my Motorola Dynatac 8000X using Tapetalk.

Ya know? I've pretty much set my brain to ignore those stupid Tapatalk auto-comments (because honestly, who gives a flying f**k that you sent the post from your phone) that it didn't even register what yours really said. I love it!

I think it may be a little less in fees, but very close. The HD, DVR, and MRV fees ($20/mo) will probably stay. The extra receiver cost ($6/ea) may be negated by only having one receiver and using just RVU clients built-in or added to a TV.

If you are considering DirecTV, personally I would not wait for the HR34, you could be waiting a long time and we have no idea what the cost will be.
well the cost likely will be line with what the cable all vid fees will be as if they bill you $6 per your own box and cables all vid has not fees like that cable will kill D* and that kill D* up side of lower rent fees then cable.

Anybody remember the seen in Back To The Future 2 where Marty McFly jr. sits in front of the big tv and verbally calls up 8 channels.

That feature seems to be in the not so distant future with the multiple tuners in one unit.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Anybody remember the seen in Back To The Future 2 where Marty McFly jr. sits in front of the big tv and verbally calls up 8 channels.

That feature seems to be in the not so distant future with the multiple tuners in one unit.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys

i remember that and damn it makes me feel old:D:(:);)

I very much enjoyed reading about the HR34 at the DBSTalk site. I would like to buy one when it's available. The DBSTalk members seem to like it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts