HR34 release date

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Scott, I agree that after visiting DBSTalk a few times, I've noticed they tend to be biased towards Directv and not give a crap about anything else. It's one of the reasons why I decided to join Satelliteguys instead of joining them.:cool: I just figured that if D* sends a product to one fourm/blog that they would send out that same product to all the others. But I guess that's not the case. Anyway, if you do get a chance to test drive a HR34, we will all look forward to hearing your opinions on it.:)

Oh, I didn't realize that there was such little activity in the CE program here compared to other places, and that there's no access to anything early. I find that at work if I treat my partners with respect, that they usually treat me the same, and I get lots of early information because they trust me. That seems to work well for me. If I ever was to break that trust then I'd get nothing. I've had situations were I could have been a Champion For Greatness by breaking the trust but that would have just been ego serving and hugely selfish of me and hurt the company overall, and I'd rather just provide real value to my company with good relationships. And BTW, I still want an HR34!

The only thing I have missed since I left Dish Network for DirecTv is PIP.

I need one of these right now.

Oh, I didn't realize that there was such little activity in the CE program here compared to other places, and that there's no access to anything early. I find that at work if I treat my partners with respect, that they usually treat me the same, and I get lots of early information because they trust me. That seems to work well for me. If I ever was to break that trust then I'd get nothing. I've had situations were I could have been a Champion For Greatness by breaking the trust but that would have just been ego serving and hugely selfish of me and hurt the company overall, and I'd rather just provide real value to my company with good relationships. And BTW, I still want an HR34!
There is quite a bit of activity, with "honest" reactions here, not just toeing the "party" line ... you have to have had trust for it to be broken. If you want truth stay here, if you want what it is perceived that Directv wants to hear go elsewhere...

I just figured that if D* sends a product to one fourm/blog that they would send out that same product to all the others.

DirecTV doesn't send a product to any Forum. A few members of the DBS Forum do have internal contacts within DirecTV, and that relationship can be very useful for the Forum and D*. One of the DBS Moderators was recently hired by DirecTV, and he is therefore no longer a Moderator with the Forum.

I am a member of the DBS Forum, and I recently worked with DirecTV's technical division in El Segundo in order to resolve an issue with the HR24 series DVRs. Everyone benefited from that.

Bickering between the Forums achieves nothing. We should be working together to improve DirecTV for all of the customers. :)

Now the entire time we have been doing the CE program there has only been ONE RULE of the CE program that has been told to us by DIRECTV, and that is if you download the CE and have an issue DO NOT CALL DIRECTV. I believe (and DIRECTV can correct me if I am wrong) that all the other CE rules from the other site are made up by the other site. So with that said the only thing we ask is that you do not call DIRECTV is you have an issue with the CE software.

And now you know...

I never knew there were any other rules regarding the CE program , other than "Don't Call D*" if your running CE Software.

I know that I only care about the new DirecTV HR34 receiver (I want one!) but you do raise all kinds of stuff that does peak my interest so I might as well ask. When you talk to DirecTV do you provide them with statistics of how this CE program is better then the others, to show it's value. I know my boss at work always asks me to show how we're better then the competition in a qualitative and quantitative fashion. That would be good to show that members here have maybe like 2x or 5x or 10x the CE posts to find bugs, or that people here download the CE 2x or more then other places, just a value statement to prove to them how much better this CE program is. I bet that all of us members here would like to see that, to prove how great we are!

Best thing you can do if your testing the CE Software is post your thoughts, good or bad in the CE section ....

I think alot of people run the CE software but don't post to much.
Many only post when theres an issue, which is understandable, no issues, no posts, much the same with Good/Bad installations.

Everybody is invited to test the software, but PLEASE read the CE INFO in the CE sections before hand, so you know what your getting into.

DirecTV doesn't send a product to any Forum. A few members of the DBS Forum do have internal contacts within DirecTV, and that relationship can be very useful for the Forum and D*. One of the DBS Moderators was recently hired by DirecTV, and he is therefore no longer a Moderator with the Forum.

I am a member of the DBS Forum, and I recently worked with DirecTV's technical division in El Segundo in order to resolve an issue with the HR24 series DVRs. Everyone benefited from that.

Bickering between the Forums achieves nothing. We should be working together to improve DirecTV for all of the customers. :)

Tell that to the guys at your other forum.
Not allowing people to post freely kinda causes that type of thing.

I'm a member of three DirecTV Forums. I post freely on each of them. I don't post like a petulent child on any of them, so I've never had a problem.

I've criticized DirecTV on DBS. I've heavily criticized them for not yet offering a shared 'to be recorded' list so that MRV users can see what recordings are set to record on which individual DVR. Something essential in my view.

Nobody shut me down. Infact, I'm now talking directly with D* regarding that issue.

I do not call it bickering between the two forums. I know that when something is posted here, about either DirecTV or Dish Network that it will stay be it good or bad. Not so much over there. The people that run those forums at the other place are lap dogs for DirecTV, and anything that is mildly negative about DirecTV will be removed or will be rationalized. There are folks over there that try to rationalize DirecTV's deal where they will "upgrade" your equipment and you pay an "upgrade" fee, and they send you some 3 or 4 year old trashed out receiver. But that is straying from the subject. The point is, the reason that there is more CE information over there is the moderators will kiss DirecTV's a$$ and DirecTV knows it. I am a DirecTV subscriber, I have been Dish Network subscriber. Both are good services in their own right, but both have flaws. That is one thing that you will not find here, if either provider has a product that is subpar it will be discussed in great detail, both the good and the bad points.

I do not call it bickering between the two forums. I know that when something is posted here, about either DirecTV or Dish Network that it will stay be it good or bad. Not so much over there. The people that run those forums at the other place are lap dogs for DirecTV, and anything that is mildly negative about DirecTV will be removed or will be rationalized. There are folks over there that try to rationalize DirecTV's deal where they will "upgrade" your equipment and you pay an "upgrade" fee, and they send you some 3 or 4 year old trashed out receiver. But that is straying from the subject. The point is, the reason that there is more CE information over there is the moderators will kiss DirecTV's a$$ and DirecTV knows it. I am a DirecTV subscriber, I have been Dish Network subscriber. Both are good services in their own right, but both have flaws. That is one thing that you will not find here, if either provider has a product that is subpar it will be discussed in great detail, both the good and the bad points.

These are fair points. I'm not sure that 'kissing a$$' is a fair statement, but I take your point. :)

Sorry, but I gotta disagree there. I've posted extensively at the other site. A lot of my posts are criticisms of the DirecTV hardware and software and not one of them has ever been removed. I used to post lists of bugs and kept track of when they were first found and resolved with the receivers that I have. These lists were at times over 40 items long. In fact, there's one person right now over there that posts in the CE forum that basically criticizes DirecTV in every post he makes. The only times I've seen posts being removed is when people start stooping to personal attacks on each other.

- Merg

I don't know I know I have seen a lot of posts removed... hell in the Nomad review thread there were a lot of them removed.

But if they want to remove posts, ultimately it is there site and their right to do so, so god bless them.

The only place I should be concerned with is here and if you have been here for any lenth of time you can see I have been doing a much better job on that front over the past year. :)

Since your new here Merg you don't know the history but that ok. Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US enjoy your stay. :D

I don't know I know I have seen a lot of posts removed... hell in the Nomad review thread there were a lot of them removed.

But if they want to remove posts, ultimately it is there site and their right to do so, so god bless them.

The only place I should be concerned with is here and if you have been here for any lenth of time you can see I have been doing a much better job on that front over the past year. :)

Since your new here Merg you don't know the history but that ok. Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US enjoy your stay. :D

I have lurked here for quite a while and do know the history.

As for the Nomad thread, most of the posts I saw that disappeared had personal attacks in them. While I don't know all the posts that were removed, I can't remember seeing any that were specifically critical of DirecTV only.

And thanks for the welcome.

- Merg

You have been a good boy Scott, and we are all very proud of you! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts