free preview of audio channels, with all packages? i see some free

Why so secretive? Just post what's going on here in the thread :facepalm
because if i post it here dish is more then likely going to remove the channels. i like one channel that is why. but ok. here goes its those christmas channel replacement channels. out of all of them one channel is good.
not the christmas channels, they gone, the replacement of those. look in the 800s and 6000 range, u might get them for ur package, but 4 my package i should not be getting any.

:) its only a handful of channels one is good. rest i dont want.

Why so secretive? Just post what's going on here in the thread :facepalm
btw what package do u have. i been going through different comparisons, and i am going to upgrade my package soon.
i actually want two of the packages dish currently have, but i am going to have to decide what i want. the two other packages looks good.
the one i have is nice too though.
so many choices. ...

btw what package do u have. i been going through different comparisons, and i am going to upgrade my package soon.
i actually want two of the packages dish currently have, but i am going to have to decide what i want. the two other packages looks good.
the one i have is nice too though.
so many choices. ...

I am out of contract and canceled my service last week in favor of the AirTV. It's free :)

This thread reminds me of when in the early 90s, I thought I was all slick. My local cable was just pushing everyone to switch to the "new system" which gave us 68 channels instead of 37. The catch was on the "old system" I got a small descrambler to get NESN and what is now NBC Sports Boston (then Sports Channel New England), and the cable company's employee climbed the pole outside to turn on HBO and/or Cinemax. No Showtime, The Movie Channel, or Pay-Per-View. Those were added with the "new system".

When we were forced to upgrade, they took our little descrambler and gave us a new cable box (nowhere considered a receiver back then). In order to receive the correct channel line-up and access to premium networks and Pay-Per-View (Viewer's Choice), you needed this box. Plugging the cable line directly into a cable ready TV or VCR, or a store bought cable box, would give you the "alternate line-up". Example: with the officially supported box, Nickelodeon was channel 14. Without the box, it was channel 32. I was young, so I watched a lot of Nickelodeon back then. HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and The Movie Channel were ranged from 28 to 31 respectively with the box. If you didn't subscribe, you'd see a scrambled image for about two seconds then the box would jump to a banner telling to subscribe, and the number on the box would blink. Without the box, HBO was on 48, Cinemax was on 56, Showtime was on 38, and The Movie Channel was on 61. You could tune and listen to the channel with the scrambled image. But, you couldn't subscribe. Even if you did on one TV with the box, a second TV without a box would still be scrambled.

I used to like to run the cable from the line outside to the VCR, then from the VCR to the cable box (we subscribed to HBO, thus needed the box). Doing this, the box needed to be on channel 3 or 4. I would switch the VCR tuner to one of the scrambled channels, which would cause a glitch in the box that would think either channel 3 or 4 were a premium network which we didn't subscribe to and blink. I had fun for hours screwing with my parents with that, especially during football season when the old (horrible) Patriots played on channel 4 (WBZ). I remember my father "get over here, why the (explative) is channel 4 blinking and showing me previews for movies on Pay-Per-View again? He was too tech illiterate to know to change the channel then back to fix the glitch. He used to wait about 10 minutes for the company's computer to realize the error and refresh the box.

To record off HBO or PPV, we need to run to the box, then to the VCR, then to the TV. So, one day when I was bored, I changed the wires to run the glitch again. The company had been running some system maintenance and turned on all the premiums and Pay-Per-View channels for anyone viewing without the box. I thought I found some trade secret and was trying to be all covert about it. I had free Pay-Per-View. I was going to see that year's Survivor Series for free. So on and so forth. Obviously they knew what was going on and turned it all off by the next day.

That's what the OP reminds me of in this thread. If you are receiving these audio channels, Dish knows you're receiving them. No need to be all slick and send only private messages. What was the point of creating the thread to begin with if this needs to be all covert? Just keep in mind, you're a grown adult. I'm referencing myself when I was in the fourth grade. Also, they're audio channels. You do realize that there are a million ways to listen to whatever music you want, on demand, right? I like having the SiriusXM music channels, but I can still get the music I want without them. Just some food for thought.

Reactions: Tampa8
My experience has been that they come and go. Maybe that's the reason
the reason i didnt want to say what audio channel is what i didnt want to lose one channel, but also not ruin it for others.
eh no biggie .. however its good to know others have it also too.
on a side note
.. i like the locals, find myself watching them on and off. really interested in pop, id tv*dont have id tv* justice however would even use aetv and been thinking about some movie channels. A&E | Watch Full Episodes of Your Favorite Shows
so i just like one audio channel lol. seriously. so when i do upgrade. i stick to maybe good 15 channels, and one only audio channel i want. *

make a favorite channel list for me. 15 channels.
rest channels would be second choice. hehe that would be there when i want to watch it.

That's what the OP reminds me of in this thread. If you are receiving these audio channels, Dish knows you're receiving them. No need to be all slick and send only private messages. What was the point of creating the thread to begin with if this needs to be all covert? Just keep in mind, you're a grown adult. I'm referencing myself when I was in the fourth grade. Also, they're audio channels. You do realize that there are a million ways to listen to whatever music you want, on demand, right? I like having the SiriusXM music channels, but I can still get the music I want without them. Just some food for thought.
yeah i know how to get music for free. or pay
just want one simple channel. lol ... i know about accuradio, newsgroups, free spotify
u know that dish owns pandora now.
but there was napster, back in days, scour exchange, direct connect, and so many other p2p.
lol rhapsody was good.
musicmatch yahoo launchcast
i can go on and on and on for hours. bearshare.
i wanna tell u something though, i happen upon this one audio channel and i like it. and i only might listen to 3 songs per week, so maybe 12 songs a month on this audio channel.
... also decentralized networks as well. hmm
or maybe listen to it once in blue moon.
dat is why i like the ability to add and drop packages. my moods change.
and one final thougth.
because of this one audio channel i like, and if they remove it from current pack i have, i am going to upgrade to a different package so i can get this one audio channel. and beside i like some of the other channel that flex has too.
so 15 channels i would watch definitely and that one audio channel.
...------------
direct tv i had in past and never will i ever have them again this is going back at least 20 years ago too.

btw i never knew about start the conversation feature on here was. is it private message for two people.

Yup. More than one other person can be on a single Conversation, if needed.
because of this one audio channel i like, and if they remove it from current pack i have, i am going to upgrade to a different package so i can get this one audio channel. and beside i like some of the other channel that flex has too.

I hear you. I have only 2 or 3 channels that keep me on AT250. :( I also sub to SiriusXM for one channel only. Wish there were true a la carte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)