Free Previews Discussion Thread - August 2020

I swear why don't they put BBC America on the regular channels. It seems they preview it every other month.:mad:
I am pretty sure that every channel currently featured in free preview was also a preview during the height of the pandemic earlier this year. It seems that Dish is running out of ideas ... uh, channels that will allow them to do a free preview.

As for BBC America, I get that channel full-time as part of my International Basic package for only $15 per month. This also requires another international package add-on. With a cheap add-on for only $9.99 per month, my total still only comes to $24.99 per month plus tax.

Thanks for the "Bump" in the No Discussion thread, jerryez, but that still counts as discussion. The solution is to make both of these monthly Free Previews threads sticky, so there is no need to Bump them at all.

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
This month's No Discussion thread is now sticky! Thanks!!! :hatsoff
The old threads (the one from May, and the really old discussion thread) are also still sticky.

Continuing the discussion from last month's thread, today's uplink confirms that channel 103 SD had the correct dates for the previews of GRIT, Me TV, and Ride TV. The mydish site was wrong when it listed those previews as ending on July 31.

This month's No Discussion thread is now sticky! Thanks!!! :hatsoff
The old threads (the one from May, and the really old discussion thread) are also still sticky.

Continuing the discussion from last month's thread, today's uplink confirms that channel 103 SD had the correct dates for the previews of GRIT, Me TV, and Ride TV. The mydish site was wrong when it listed those previews as ending on July 31.
And you just complained in the Satellites Guys Support Center of having too many sticky's. (I say this in jest):biggrin

Reactions: charlesrshell
And you just complained in the Satellites Guys Support Center of having too many sticky's. (I say this in jest):biggrin
Yes, repeating the same complaint I made in the second line of my post that you quoted. :biggrin (So, I am being consistent.) After months of not having my new threads made sticky, I am glad to see that one of them finally made it. The point is that the new sticky threads are supposed to replace the old ones, though, not add to the length of the list. It had been suggested (jokingly) not too long ago that the Free Previews threads should have their own sub-forum. I actually think that is a good idea. It would keep all of the Free Previews threads in the same place, and it would guarantee that there would always be a sticky (link to the sub-forum section) at the top of the main forum. This would also eliminate the need for any maintenance, such as making each new thread a sticky and de-stickying the old ones.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Yes, repeating the same complaint I made in the second line of my post that you quoted. :biggrin (So, I am being consistent.) After months of not having my new threads made sticky, I am glad to see that one of them finally made it. The point is that the new sticky threads are supposed to replace the old ones, though, not add to the length of the list. It had been suggested (jokingly) not too long ago that the Free Previews threads should have their own sub-forum. I actually think that is a good idea. It would keep all of the Free Previews threads in the same place, and it would guarantee that there would always be a sticky (link to the sub-forum section) at the top of the main forum. This would also eliminate the need for any maintenance, such as making each new thread a sticky and de-stickying the old ones.
A simple social distance hug would have sufficed.:):)

• Love
Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts