Free previews don't show on personalized guide

PasTypique

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 9, 2016
Michigan
On my former 722K receiver and now my Hopper 3 receiver, I personalize my guide to only show the channels that I'm interested in. I don't include channels that I am not subscribed to (e.g. HBO, MAX, etc.). Whenever there was a free preview, the guide on my 722K would always show the free channels. This does not happen on the Hopper 3 and if I'm not current with the free previews, I miss out because I don't see them. Is there a way to get this old behavior back?

Seems like the Hopper UI is strict about what you want (or don't want). You don't want to see those channels except under a "condition" that it can't account for.

Reactions: charlesrshell
How do you "personalize" your guide?

Favorites won't work because you have to add channels to a favorites list.

I have a password set on the Hopper that allows me to lock out channels I do not want to see, anything new or different that is added automatically shows up in my guide.

My problem is that I forget about the free previews, I just saw the guide data for Showtime yesterday afternoon and didn't find anything worth recording this time around anyway.

On the 722k, you had to add the free previews to your favorites and then they would come up automatically. Don't have a hopper, hope this helps.

No, on the 722 if you lock out channels you do not want in your guide, free previews will appear when enabled.

DO NOT USE FAVORITES, favorites are negatively included, i.e., channels must be specified in order to be seen, use lockouts instead.

No, on the 722 if you lock out channels you do not want in your guide, free previews will appear when enabled.

DO NOT USE FAVORITES, favorites are negatively included, i.e., channels must be specified in order to be seen, use lockouts instead.
Depends on how you set things up.

I've got a few dozen favorite channels, and include 1 HBO channel (covers Cinemax as well), 1 Showtime, and 1 Starz. A free preview unlocks one of them, and I can go to a normal list for full listings.

I do my guide by setting up favorites. When there is a free preview, go to the trouble to add all the free premium channels to your favorite list. Then they will disappear when the free preview is over, but automatically come back in the favorite guide the next time they are on free preview.

I do my guide by setting up favorites. When there is a free preview, go to the trouble to add all the free premium channels to your favorite list. Then they will disappear when the free preview is over, but automatically come back in the favorite guide the next time they are on free preview.

Yep. This is what I do: add all the premiums to my Favorites. When they are on Free Preview, they show up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)