Free Primestar Dish (South Stl, MO

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I saw it, but they left no way to contact them by email, nor a phone number, just an address with a picture of it laying by the curb.

I used the reverse cross-directory to get the phone number and called. Left a message, but have had no reply.

It is over an hour from me, and I am not driving down there to only find it gone.

Without some confirmation that it is still there, and someone pulling it away from the curb until I arrive, it is a dead issue for me. :)

I see they have posted it a second time with a message that says:
If you are reading this, it is still there. I will delete when it is gone.
I called and left another message telling them I understood why they might not want to give their email address and phone number etc.

I also explained that I lived over an hour away and that I didn't want to scrap it, I wanted to use it, and didn't want to drive that far if the dish was damaged, or was not pulled back from the curb so that it would actually be there when I arrived.

I gave them two numbers to reach me.

We'll see if they call me back. :)

In the photo, the dish looked warped.
But, maybe it's an 84e. ;)

See also this other thread for free "Primestar" dishes in Tenn.
. . . or maybe nobody liked 'em 'cause they're the 4-foot models... :confused:

I hope you get it, I didn't realize you were that close (within an hour), but that's still way too far to go on a wild goose chase. :)

I picked up the primestar dish. So I guess my question to all the experts out there, will the lnbs on this dish work with my new fta reciever? I just purchased my reciever and this is all pretty new to me.

Thanks in advance

The LNBs should work fine. The LNB (s)? will probably be dual output (horizontal and vertical polarity). You'll want a DirecTV 2 x 4 (or 3 x 4) multiswitch to select between the polarities.

Yup the primestar dishes and lnbs work well... You'll need a switch to get both V and H. Although if you aim at G10R, most of the channels are on vertical. The round ones with three polls holding the cylinder lnb...best ones. LOF1: 9750 LOF2: 10750 The more oval ones with one pole holding the flat lnb.... LOF1: 9750 LOF2: 10600

It wasn't free but I'm off to pick one up near near Iceberg (shh! Don't tell him!) tomorrow night or this weekend. Craigslist is your friend.

Now I need to find how to mount one of these things to a motor, and possibly play with the C-Band LNB.

Disco -

Post us a nice picture when you find it, and we'll give you the secret link to the Motors On Primestars thread. ;)

There's a secret link?? Oooh. ;)

I'm doing a bit of searching right now and finding some help. I live across the street from a Menards and down the road from a Hope Depot, so I may be in a luck for a weekend project.

Congrats on getting that Dish as i was going to grab it on my way though there the other morning but you beat me to it! Glad someone who is going to use it got it. Been looking high and low for one but sooner or later i will find one!

I picked up the primestar dish. So I guess my question to all the experts out there, will the lnbs on this dish work with my new fta reciever? I just purchased my reciever and this is all pretty new to me.

Thanks in advance

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)