Free Receiver of the Week Contest Thread- Satellite AV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Question for this weeks entry:

What city are you in?

Casper, WY

How Many Digital Off Air TV Channels can you receive in your area?

Not sure. I haven't bothered to sort them out yet. I watch about 50 different English and foreign language channels. Do wild feeds count? No matter, I'm having fun with what comes in.

I am between Goldendale and Bickleton or Roosevelt WA. Without a receiver, I get NO digital OTA channels. I sometimes get 5 analog stations, here. If I were to win, I would probably set it up for my disabled sister in law. She is in the Seattle WA area and I believe there are over 30 stations and Sub channels there.

I live in the Chicago Metro area.

With simple rabbit ears ..... I get around 28 Digital channels OTA

a decent outdoor antenna will help me get a few more channels.

Congratulations red2grass..!!!
I hope you enjoy your new toy....!

What city are you in? ____________
Lizella, Georgia..... just to the left of Macon, Georgia

How Many Digital Off Air TV Channels can you receive in your area? ____________
from 3 markets I get
25 analog channels (I know, I know, you said digital)
51 digital channels including sub-channels
being that it is from 3 markets, the networks mean duplicates only give me more than a third of my count for actual different programming, maybe 22-25 different things at any given moment...???

Oh Digital Channels, Give the box to somebody else plz.

Digital channels is not that great. I enjoy the picture quality if my ant. isn't swaying around in the wind. I get the following.

CBS - One channel digital Though I hear there is more on the way. (Sports)
NBC - Three channels. Main NBC, Weather, Spanish channel.
Sometimes sports shows up on two of those channels. So instead of weather and nbc. You get the same basket ball game. (sad very sad)
ABC - Two channels. The ABC and one spanish channel.
(yes the spannish is different than the regular abc)
PBS - Five digital channels. Regular PBS. Then mostly pbs kids, PBS world, and something else. Not on all the time. Plus they switch between stuff. I like the pbs kids since my 5 year old likes it. LOL

Fox - Is not digital yet. Apparently the station wasn't on the air soon enough
to get a digital channel assignment
WB or UPN or whatever it is now - Same as fox. No digital. wasn't on the air soon enough to get a digital channel assignment.

That is about all I have. I really wanted digital fox. THank goodness for FTA stuff. geez. Yes. I'm a little peaved at Digital TV right now. If it wasn't for PBS kids and the clear picture. I would say no. Because a good antenna would get analog just fine. I'm about 23 miles from the stations. American Falls Idaho.

So honeslty I'll pass on this contest. I got 3 digital boxes and somebody I'm sure needs it more than me.

Thanks You though,

Josh

What city are you in? South San Francisco Bay Area. How Many Digital Off Air TV Channels can you receive in your area? Easily get a total of 37 digital channels (including sub-channels) OTA and sometimes can get 2 or 3 more.

Congratulations red2grass and thanks!

We have very weak signals in our area ota digital. Hope to win the digital tuner, maybe it could lock on to the weak signals and could have watchable channels.

In New Orleans, I can pick up over 20 OTA DTV channels (including subs) reliably. Depending on conditions, sometimes I get 25 or more (if I can get a couple of the stronger Biloxi, MS and Baton Rouge channels).

I've got three dishes. Two 10’ mesh (Unimesh and Janiel) dishes and one solid 9’ Birdview dish all being in the process of installing. All will be motorized dishes.

What city are you in? Lecanto Florida is where I live. How Many Digital Off Air TV Channels can you receive in your area? I do not know the answer to this question as I stated above, I'm in the process of installing them. Would love to find out how many I could get!

I live in Bountiful, Utah and I receive 21 over-the-air digital channels.

Which of these are actually worth watching would be a completely different discussion...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)