Free Receiver of the Week Contest Thread- Satellite AV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I live in Happy Jack, AZ sometimes referred as the "Blue Ridge" area. It's about 40 miles south of Winslow. Flagstaff is the only "digital" channel and it's 480i. I have a watchable analog signal most of the time on several Flagstaff translators rebroadcasting the Phoenix network stations.

I am in Kokomo, IN, and I just finally bought a couple Insignia D2As, because my coupons were expiring and I could wait no longer for the Echostar DTVPal.
I found that using a simple "rabbit ears" type antenna, actually just the UHF round loop behind the rabbit ears, I was able to get 10 digital channels from Indianapolis. I was surprised at which ones they were.
For just using a completely passive antenna, I was quite satisfied.
The key was finding the correct position to receive WFYI-DT 21. Once I got a good signal on WFYI, pretty much everything else came in okay.

The channels I get:
WFYI-DT: 20.1 PBS HD / 20.2 WFYI SD (analog) simulcast / 20.3 WFYI+ (Create from 6AM-6PM, alternative PBS choices from 6PM-12AM, and Classic Arts Showcase from 12AM-6AM)
WRTV-DT: 6.1 ABC HD / 6.2 6News 24/7 (rolling news format)
WNDY-DT: 23.1 My Network HD
WTTK-DT: 29.1 CW HD
WTHR-DT: 13.1 NBC HD / 13.2 SkyTrak Weather Network (similar to NBC WX+)
WXIN-DT: 59.1 FOX HD

Strangely enough, I was unable to receive CBS. I even tried using the rabbit ears part of the antenna (in theory, best for VHF) as the closest affiliate transmits in digital on channel 11 (WLFI-DT Lafayette) but the signal simply wasn't strong enough no matter what position I tried. I guess I may need a better antenna for this one. The Indianapolis CBS, WISH-DT, is also on VHF channel 9, and I could not even detect a signal there.

I am in Slidell,LA, which a suburb of New Orleans, LA.

I currently pick up about 20 DTV channels from two directions with three antennas on a good day. Two of those channels are from Biloxi,MS.

Congratulations thomas34461usa ..... You have won the Satellite AV Receiver of the week for 6.11.2008!

A PX branded ATSC DTV "Coupon Type" receiver and remote control.

Thanks everyone for your posts and entries. Tomorrow we will post the next receiver. It will be a MPEG2 DVB Satellite receiver, just need to pick the right one out of the collection..... LOL!

I've got three dishes. Two 10’ mesh (Unimesh and Janiel) dishes and one solid 9’ Birdview dish all being in the process of installing. All will be motorized dishes.

What city are you in? Lecanto Florida is where I live. How Many Digital Off Air TV Channels can you receive in your area? I do not know the answer to this question as I stated above, I'm in the process of installing them. Would love to find out how many I could get!

Congrats , Tom. Couldn't happen to a better member!. :cool:

Thanks again to SatelliteAV for the wonderful contest. :up

First let me say a BIG THANK YOU to SatelliteAV for providing this contest to all of our members here. There is such a great amount of people here that are really caring and good hearted people. To me this Website isn’t just a site where you occasionally meet people and that’s that. Here everybody becomes like family, Brothers and Sisters all helping each other out and doing it because it gives them pride. SatelliteAV, Thank you, You just made this site even better for your generous gift! Also Thank you very much for your Kind words Anole, Linuxman and VoomVoom! All of you are really great people and I consider it a privilege to be a part of this group with you. All of you are always helping people from the time they are just “Newbies” to season Pro’s. And there are times when we all need a little advice and you are there!

Thanks Again,

Tom
:)

I was the winner of last week and received my the box yesterday. I wasted no time to connect a fixed dish. Worked great! Certainly a big THANK YOU to Satellite AV.
I did have one unexpected glitch and took me more than half an hour to figure it out. I powered it on and could not get any video on my TV. Tried many different buttons on the remote and nothing came out. Never experience that kind of problem before. Almost made me conclude the box was broken. Eventually I realized the RCA cables coming with the box are completely broken. All 3 wires, video, left and righ audio are broken. I put in one of my own RCA cables and I was right back in business. A bad RCA cable may be the last thing I could imagine to go wrong.
Anyway, I enjoy the new box and thanks again SatelliteAV.

First let me say a BIG THANK YOU to SatelliteAV for providing this contest to all of our members here. There is such a great amount of people here that are really caring and good hearted people. To me this Website isn’t just a site where you occasionally meet people and that’s that. Here everybody becomes like family, Brothers and Sisters all helping each other out and doing it because it gives them pride. SatelliteAV, Thank you, You just made this site even better for your generous gift! Also Thank you very much for your Kind words Anole, Linuxman and VoomVoom! All of you are really great people and I consider it a privilege to be a part of this group with you. All of you are always helping people from the time they are just “Newbies” to season Pro’s. And there are times when we all need a little advice and you are there!

Thanks Again,

Tom
:)

fta channel

Congratulations thomas34461usa ..... You have won the Satellite AV Receiver of the week for 6.11.2008!

A PX branded ATSC DTV "Coupon Type" receiver and remote control.

Thanks everyone for your posts and entries. Tomorrow we will post the next receiver. It will be a MPEG2 DVB Satellite receiver, just need to pick the right one out of the collection..... LOL!

I've posted three times but they get deleted, i don't know what i'm doig wrong!favorite channel is amc 3 create.

I've posted three times but they get deleted, i don't know what i'm doig wrong!favorite channel is amc 3 create.
Hang in there satcom1. This one posted fine, so you're getting there...? The next chance to win should begin shortly. SatelliteAV are giving away one receiver per week (test models) until they run out, may take over a year to run out? So you've still got a chance...!

the other ones got delete because it was the wrong contest...each week the contest changes and you have to read the question :)

the other ones got delete because it was the wrong contest...each week the contest changes and you have to read the question :)

It's almost got me, too. May I recommend splitting the thread instead of continuing this one? The current contest post is difficult at best to spot with the single thread format.

SatelliteAV wanted to keep it as one thread.....and since they're sponsering the giveaway I'll honor that request :)

Thank you Iceberg for keeping this contest as a sticky thread for the first three weeks!

OK ....... To make it easier to give away a FREE receiver we will start a new thread each week. ;)

Geez, I liked it all in one thread.
Tended to weed out the riff-raff - :D

Whatever, just happy to have ya offerin' ! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)