Free Receiver of the Week Contest Thread- Satellite AV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Let's have some fun!

Every week SatelliteAV will add a receiver to this thread to be given away to a SatelliteGuy. The weekly prize will be awarded to a member who has posted to this thread during the previous week. The theme of the current reply will be posted along with the receiver (I.E. Name your Favorite FTA Channel).

The receivers are manufacturing samples that have been provided by a manufacturer for testing or approval. Satellite AV has enough sample receivers to keep this contest going for over a year!

Here are the potential specs:
Manufacturer / Model Name: Yes / No __________________________
Receiver type: DVB Satellite / ATSC Terrestrial
Standard Definition / High Definition
Documentation: Yes / No
Blind Scan: Yes / No
Remote: Yes / No
Weight and package size for calculating approx. shipping charges
Pictures will be posted

Satellite AV will attempt to provide as much information about the receiver in the posts, but we will not respond to questions regarding the product specifications or provide product support. Please do not PM or request product support from our sales or support team members. Failure to comply with this request could result in the termination of this contest. Please understand that instead of recycling these items, Satellite AV will offer SatelliteGuys hobbyists some pretty interesting stuff that may or may not ever be on the market!

The winner will be responsible for shipping cost and we will ship anywhere on your dime! All packages will be shipped by USPS or FedEx. If the winner wishes not to claim the prize or does not respond to our SatelliteGuys PM notification and provide the payment for postage within 10 days, the prize will be forfeited and the unit will be offered again in a future post.

This contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member in good standing with the exception of Satellite AV staff and members of their families. A random drawing will be made by a member of our staff every Wednesday.

Have Fun!

Here is the first unit:

Here are the specs:
Manufacturer:Unknown
Model Name: Unknown
Receiver type: DVB Satellite with DVR capability with internal HDD (not included)
Standard Definition
Documentation: No
Blind Scan: No
Remote: Yes
Shipping Weight: 10lbs.
Package size for calculating approx. shipping charges: 18" x 14" x 6"

Tested a sister unit and needed to add North American Satellites, and transponders. Scanned and test recorded on an internal hard drive (not included). Twin tuner can be used in loop through or separate inputs. Picture looked great in live and playback. Unit has USB port, but did not test and do not now if it is active. Remote operation was intuitive and easy to configure. No manual was provided. Moved a motor with USALS and DiSEqC and controlled DiSEqC and 22KHz switches. In white gift box. Never opened or operated.

Subject for this thread: "My favorite FTA channel is________________ because________________________."

Attachments

• SANY0035.JPG
    SANY0035.JPG
    283 KB · Views: 450
  • SANY0036.JPG
    SANY0036.JPG
    392.7 KB · Views: 329
  • SANY0038.JPG
    SANY0038.JPG
    277.6 KB · Views: 371
  • SANY0039.JPG
    SANY0039.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 366
  • SANY0042.JPG
    SANY0042.JPG
    464.2 KB · Views: 439
  • SANY0043.JPG
    SANY0043.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 375
My favorite FTA channel is ONN because I am in Ohio and can get great buckeye coverage that I'd have to normally pay for.

I guess I'll sign up.

My favorite FTA channel is NASA, wherever it may be carried, because I've never had the hair stand up on the back of my neck for a movie or sporting event, like it did when we landed two rovers on MARS !.

Thanks for the contest. - :up

My favorite FTA channel is Retrojams, because I am a child of the 80's and love the tunes!

Thanks Brian for the contest!:up

My favorite FTA channel is actually on the Radio side, RBN (Republic Broadcasting Network), most afternoons, I can be found there. My most watched FTA channel is probably White Springs TV, but I probably watch more RTN, except not on just one channel but many channels. White Springs TV gets the most watched time for one channel. The second most watched (one) channel is probably the University Network. Not with intension, but when I happen by it, I find myself there for the longest time. It's hard to get away from Doctor Scott or Pastor Mellisa Scott.

My favorite FTA channel is SPIRIT TV (MUSIC) but its currently off so next would be JCTV, cause i love christ and these channels help keep me centered :)

Thanks SatAV & Brian for the contest!

My favorite FTA channels is any local channel because I like watching local news broadcast from other parts of the country.

My favorite FTA channel is BBC World, which was at one time available on Amazonas before the dude doing the uplink got "detained" by Homeland Security because he was also uplinking some islamo-terrorist channel in violation of US law. I haven't seen it since except for the snippets on BBC America and PBS, but I hear it is on C-Band.

My favorite FTA channel is world radio network (WRN).
Because i love the news around the world.
Alot of stations left shortwave . so my fta system is my shortwave receiver
in digital form.
john

My Favorite FTA Channel is Cubavision on Hispasat , most nights and especially weekends I can catch a good movie without commercial interruptions , Cubavision is on 24/7 and operated by the Cuban Goverment , besides Movies and Television Shows made in the U.S. Cubavision also shows film and documentaries from around the world.

The best part is that this FTA channel offers many programs in the original English language with Spanish subs making the channel very inviting to the casual FTA'er.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts