Free SiriusXM streaming

Is it possible to get this going on an Echo?
I am using an Echo Show as well as a Echo Dot ...
As well as the vehicles and computer streams.

Come to think of it, the Echo is connected to the internet router, so I guess it would be working off the Streaming portion ...

So we just tell Alexa to play SiriusXM? Or Stern?
You have to link it with your Alexa app. I just did that and it is playing. I just told Alexa to play The Blend on XM and it played it. Then I told it to play 50s on 5 and played that. When setting up the app you just need to press free until May 15. It’s that simple. I asked it to play Howard Stern and it went there.

Reactions: navychop
You'll want to enable the skill for it ....

Also, iirc, if you just ask it to play something like "Alexa play Sirius XM Classic Vinyl "
I think it may Ask you if you want to enable the app, which would be actually easier yet.

I'm batting ZERO! If I asked Alexa to play SiriusXM Spa (with or without "channel"), all Alexa says is I have to install the app and log in using my credentials. She also claimed she sent me a message on how to do that, but I see no such message probably because I don't have the app. If I tell Alexa to add the SiriusXM skill, she says, "I don't know that." I can't even get the website mentioned above to work!

I'm batting ZERO! If I asked Alexa to play SiriusXM Spa (with or without "channel"), all Alexa says is I have to install the app and log in using my credentials. She also claimed she sent me a message on how to do that, but I see no such message probably because I don't have the app. If I tell Alexa to add the SiriusXM skill, she says, "I don't know that." I can't even get the website mentioned above to work!
do you have the alexa app on your phone or tablet?

Do you have the app on your phone yet ?
If so, download it, then log in, then try.
At that point you can go to the App on your phone ..
Then, top left, find the 3 bars, tap it, go down to Skills and games, then on the top right hit the Search and type in SiriusXm ..
When you find it, tap it and hit Enable.

You might have to go to the Add Devices after loading the app and find the Echo .

Once you get the Echo set up on the phone and the 1st unit connected, if you have other dots or that type of Alexa devices, they will all work.

Thanks guys, but

1. As I said I don't have the app and
2. Logging in on the app does not give me free streaming

Maybe alexa.amazon.com... Aha. That allowed me to enable the SiriusXM skill. I may still have to log into my SiriusXM account. Yup, I have to log into SiriusXM first. But I am subbed in my car and so that is no test for others. I suspect even free streaming requires a SiriusXM account. :(

Thanks guys, but

1. As I said I don't have the app and
2. Logging in on the app does not give me free streaming

Maybe alexa.amazon.com... Aha. That allowed me to enable the SiriusXM skill. I may still have to log into my SiriusXM account. Yup, I have to log into SiriusXM first. But I am subbed in my car and so that is no test for others. I suspect even free streaming requires a SiriusXM account. :(
No, it doesn't. I don't have an account. The app we are talking about is the Alexa app not the Sirius/XM app. I had that app loaded on my iPad. When I first asked Alexa to tune to an XM channel on my echo it informed me that I needed to link to an account on my Alexa app. When i went to that app I found the request for linkage there and followed the steps. It offered me a place to log into my account or, at the very bottom, was a button to get free stream until May 15. I clicked on that and was instantly linked, without an account. Then when I ask Alexa to go to an XM channel it went there just fine.

Those of you that are saying you just ask for the channel and it worked (once you turned on the free streaming part) none of you already have a Sub ?

I gave steps earlier to download the Sirius app as well as the Alexa one ... that said, I already have an account, so my steps may have been different.

Reactions: TheKrell
Those of you that are saying you just ask for the channel and it worked (once you turned on the free streaming part) none of you already have a Sub ?

I gave steps earlier to download the Sirius app as well as the Alexa one ... that said, I already have an account, so my steps may have been different.
I don’t have an account.

Reactions: Jimbo
alexa.amazon.com has not been updated and still (I think ) requires the app. I noticed these reviews of people who (like me) also have SiriusXM subs and had their app previously linked.
not working
•••••
by jessica hayden on March 30, 2020
account is link but will not play sirius radio.

APP No Longer Works
•••••
by M. L. Albert on March 30, 2020
Skill worked fine until 26 or 27 March. At that time, I began receiving message stating that my account needed to be linked. However, when I went to Amazon to link the account, it was listed as already being linked. This has happened before so I unlinked and then relinked my skill/account. That worked for a couple of hours but how I'm delinked, contrary to the status posted on the web page, and cannot use the skill.

No longer linked
•••••
by RM NJ on March 30, 2020
Alexa appears to have forgotten that it has been linked to Sirius XM for months.
Alexa people, what's wrong?

So, is this now fixed?