Free SiriusXM streaming

Well well well! I have to click on the greyed-out Settings button where it demands that I link my SiriusXM account. But at the bottom, as you reported, I can enable the free streaming until May 15th and I now see this (on alexa.amazon.com):
Amazon Alexa

SiriusXM

SiriusXM has been successfully linked.
What to do next:

• Try saying: “Alexa, play Howard 100 on SiriusXM”
  • Close this window to return to the skill page.

Reactions: Bobby
Great info, thanks for passing the information along another way to take the mind off these crazy times while staying home

I got this set up on my Echo devices just to see how it worked. I have only listened to the Spa channel, so perhaps other channels are different.

In my car, I use SiriusXM/Spa to audition new (to me) music. I do not use SiriusXM for critical listening, but I do take note of those artists/titles I like (via voice recorder). I then buy those artists and put their music on good equipment.

But I can't do this using either my Dot or my Show or my FireTV Stick, because there is no way to figure out who I'm listening to! All the Show shows is the Spa channel logo, text name, and channel name. If I ask Alexa what is playing, she answers the same (SiriusXM/Spa). Am I doing something wrong with my Echo devices?

I got this set up on my Echo devices just to see how it worked. I have only listened to the Spa channel, so perhaps other channels are different.

In my car, I use SiriusXM/Spa to audition new (to me) music. I do not use SiriusXM for critical listening, but I do take note of those artists/titles I like (via voice recorder). I then buy those artists and put their music on good equipment.

But I can't do this using either my Dot or my Show or my FireTV Stick, because there is no way to figure out who I'm listening to! All the Show shows is the Spa channel logo, text name, and channel name. If I ask Alexa what is playing, she answers the same (SiriusXM/Spa). Am I doing something wrong with my Echo devices?
I don't know this specifically because I haven't tried it but perhaps if you changed your query to something like " Alexa, what song is playing" or "Alexa who is the artist of this song."

I don't know this specifically because I haven't tried it but perhaps if you changed your query to something like " Alexa, what song is playing" or "Alexa who is the artist of this song."

Unfortunately she just answers that she doesn't have that information.

• Sad
Reactions: Bobby